Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Sep 19, 2007

Getting to know me...


Maria Jacobson Bradley

I was born in Fillmore, Utah.

I lived in Fillmore for 8 years, Gilbert, Arizona for 3 years, Centerville for 9 years, Logan for 6 years, and West Bountiful for a few months.




4th grade

7th grade

10th grade


I grew up being pretty shy and funny looking :)

I traveled to England and France when I was in 9th grade. I was a pretty awkward 9th grader, very unsure of myself and well, pretty nerdy. This trip really helped me start to come out of my shell. I can't explain why, but it really did.


My dad worked around the country as a BLM national coordinator, so my brothers and sister and I got to go with him. I have been all across the East coast and West coast, but not much in the South, or Mid US :). I have been to Hawaii 3 times.


In my spare time I like to run. I ran Cross Country and Track in Jr. High and High School. I still like to run 5k's. I have run 2 marathons, both in Logan. I will be running my third marathon in October in St. George. I like to draw and oil paint. I like to digital scrapbook. I like to golf with my husband Chris. And I like to sew.


I met my husband, Chris, in 11 grade at Viewmont High School. We started dating our Senior year. We had a lot of fun together. He went on his mission to Micronesia, Guam and when he left we decided not to plan on waiting. We were just going to write and go our own way. While he was gone, I dated, traveled and had a wonderful time!




After my first year at Utah State University I decided to teach English as a volunteer in Perm, Russia. I volunteered for 4 months. While there, I traveled to Finland and Sweden.
The next semester I decided to try being a head teacher in Hefei, China. That means I got paid to teach and be in charge of the other teachers. I got to visit the great wall of China, Beijing, Shanghi, and lots of other really neat places while I was there.





The next semester I decided to return to Perm, Russia as a head teacher. I was so excited to go back to where I had already been. It was a fantastic 4 months.
So I was out of the country for about 12 months, or three semesters.





Chris came home a week before I came home from Russia. After I traveled I went back to school at Utah State University. I was studying Family and Consumer Sciences at the time. Chris was at BYU. We dated a few months then in March we got engaged and got married on June 21. Fifteen months later I had my first child. After trying to juggle school and family, I decided to change majors. I changed to Liberal Arts and got a minor in Financial Planning. I had my second child 2 months after graduating. My husband graduated the next semester with his masters in Accounting.
And then we moved here!!



Some little known facts about me:
I had eye surgery 2 years ago and now I don't have to wear contacts or glasses.
I have been to the top of Kings Peak 4 times. (the highest peak in Utah)
I designed the Centerville Jr. High flag.

No comments: