Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Apr 2, 2008

YUMMY!

April Fools Day was the best ever this year! I don't usually do anything, but this year the opportunity was just too easy, so I took it! You see, for Young Womens we had a heritage cooking night... just a perfect set-up for a good April Fools joke. We were all supposed to bring a favorite family recipe to share with everyone. So, I made these. I said they were grandma's famous surprise cupcakes! Then I asked if anyone wanted to try one...oh they all shot up their hands.... playing right into my trick. I handed them out. You should have seen the faces on some of the girls as they licked the "frosting" off their cupcakes. Oh priceless! These might look like yummy treats... but it is really mashed potato frosting on a meatloaf cupcake! Yeah, I got them all. It was worth all the work! The meatloaf really is a family recipe from Grandma Bradley, and it's the best ever!!! It was delicious, after you realized that it wasn't a cupcake.

I made them for dinner for my family too. Mom and Dad Jacobson were fooled, so was Abby. She said, "this frosting tastes like potatoes! LOL... but she loved them. She ate three. Which, if you know Abby, is quite amazing. Eric didn't care! I made them in a mini cupcake pan for bite sized fun (and so I wouldn't waste any) I also made regular sized one for the adults for my family dinner.





2 comments:

Sharla said...

That's great. They really do look yummy. Maybe I'll be that creative next year...

Heather said...

They look SO sweet!! You would have fooled me. I would love to have seen the yw faces!