Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Jun 10, 2008

Bummer!


I was out for my morning walk yesterday and I was about a block from home when the stroller started swaying abnormally. I couldn't figure out what was wrong! It just felt like it was falling apart. I made Abby get out and walk the rest of the way home, and I carefully pushed Eric. Luckily it was one day when Abby actually had shoes on, thank goodness. I gave my stroller a good looking over and found that the back horizontal bar that is between the two wheels had snapped in two! The axle! So, this isn't the first time I've had an axle break...but the other was on a car and it was a mystery as well! It was such a clean snap that I thought, perhaps I can just duct tape it back together. So, I tried that this morning for my walk... oh my stroller made the most annoying squeak ever as I pushed it along. I knew this wasn't something I could live with. This is my car for crying out loud.

So, I called Kelty to see what I should do. And you know what, they were the nicest people ever! They said, without even asking questions, ship it to us and we will either repair or replace it for free. They didn't even make me feel like I must have done something wrong or used it in the wrong way or whatever... they were so nice. So, I will be without my stroller for about two weeks, but I may get a new one in return...one can always hope that they can't weld that back together :) I will miss my double for that long though... it's a good thing I have the car for a while. Chris has been taking the train, so I have the car while my stroller goes to the shop!

3 comments:

The Tilley Turf said...

Oh, that's sad Maria! I'm glad you have the car as a backup!! That's awesome that they will fix it for free, wow!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your stroller, Ri. That's impressive they'll fix it, though. Fishing looks so fun! Abby and Eric are getting so big. I can't believe Abby can write all those letters. Way to go, Abby!

Girls Rule said...

That stinks Maria!! What is the deal are you driving the car on top of the stroller? I am so amazed at the mileage you put on that thing. I think it is so neat- I would even do a story on you if I could.