Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Oct 17, 2008

Motivation needed

This past summer I have lost all motivation! I think it's about time to get back in gear. So, I'm turning to all of you for a little advice. How do you do it?

How do you stay motivated to exercice?

How do you motivate yourself to clean?

How do you get the Young Women to do their personal progress?

How do you keep motivated in your callings?

How do you motivate yourself to eat healthy and not just whatever is sitting around..?

Any ideas are welcome. I definitely need a little boost to get back in the saddle. I think I've tried to motivate myself to exercise just about every Monday...and it only seems to last until Wednesday and I quit again! I've tried to give myself incentives, goals, charts....just about anything to try to get myself to run again. And nothing seems to be working. Please help me out with your good ideas! :) I'm in desperate need of some motivation!

4 comments:

Sharla said...

I'm interested to see the responses that you get. I need ideas too!

On the eating right question, I think planning ahead is huge. I get to 4:00 too often then think about what's for dinner. If I plan ahead, I do much better. A long time ago I even made a monthly calendar of meals. That really helped. Maybe I'll do that again.

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

When you find out how to motivate yourself to exercise and eat right, let me know!

On the cleaning question, I make a deal with myself that when I get so much done, I'm allowed a reward. It really works if I know Jim is coming home soon, and I've called him to set up some fun evening activity to do as a family.

Heather said...

I think there is a time and season for us all. You just keep making the effort to do things and sometimes you'll trail off but keep on working at it. It is hard to keep reinventing yourself in YW with activities.
You are so awesome and so talented. I think you need to just keep at it.
I start and stop exercising, I have been blaming the heat. I need to get my booty in gear with excersising and eating better.
It is a never ending battle for us all to stay motivated at things. I try to plan meals and some weeks I stick to it and do good others I don't. When your kids get older and have activities almost every night you just take what you can get. I try to plan and do shopping on Monday's for the week.
Sorry for the LONG comment, I have no useful info...just keep truckin!

The Atwood Family said...

Hey we are back after taking the summer off I am back to blogging and when you get your motivational answers please let me know!!! I did really good all summer and got up EVERY morning for 4 months straight at 5:30 and went to our new rec-center and loved it but now that school has started and my boys have to leave for school by 7:00 (right when I was getting home from the rec-center) it is nearly impossible to keep that routine up...so let me know the secret PLEASE!!!
Steph