The 4th is definitely my favorite holiday. We started the day off with a 5k fun run. Mom took our kids so we wouldn't have to run with them.
After the race and a shower we headed down to the parade. The only thing I hate about this parade is trying to save a seat! You are allowed to put up chairs at 6 pm the night before the parade, but forget trying to get a good seat if you don't start waiting in your spot by 4pm.. seriously, it's that competitive for a good seat! :( But we got some sunny seats at 6 and no one even fought us over them. It was great.I have to get a shot every year of Abby and Bryce holding hands. I don't know how many years they will do this, but it sure is cute. Abby adores Bryce! I'm not sure if the feeling is mutual, but at least Bryce seems to like Abby.
Eric, McKayla, Abby and Bryce waiting for the parade to start.
I love this one of Eric holding his flag... such a fun parade!
Is this not the BIGGEST snow cone ever??? WOW.. good luck with that one :)
The BBQ after the parade... we put all the kids out in the garage to eat so we could eat in peace :) Aren't we so nice? My parents put up a big parachute in the backyard, but the rain made it a little hard to eat under it.. but the rain was pretty much gone by the time we got things all set up in the garage... oh well. :) they played under it at least.
We had a bbq at our house, and had the Bradley Family that was still at home for the 4th come hang with us. Lance is a master griller, so we stuck him on it for the night.Here are the kids eating their dinner!
And last but not least we went to fireworks at Davis. We had a ton of fun with snaps and an awesome show! I can't wait till next year!!!
6 years ago





1 comment:
Cute pictures! I might have to steal a few from you. Thanks for saving us a seat at the parade. We all had so much fun with you guys. Bryce and McKayla were so sad to come home. McKayla threw a fit when we got into town and wouldn't even get out of the car. Thanks for a fun trip home!
Post a Comment