Before the rain came, we spent a day planting bulbs. We spent one a few days ago planting flowers at Grandma Bradley's too... after digging so many holes, I decided to buy a bulb auger to do my yard. It is a bit you attach to your drill that digs the perfect size holes for your bulbs. It was worth the money! It did have a hard time when it hit rocks, but other than that... it was perfect. So - it is not for someone who has really rocky soil, but with just a few rocks, it does okay . BTW - now that I have purchased this... let me know if you want to borrow it... (that is, if I know you). It made planting 100 bulbs go rather quickly.
Here are some of the awesome holes awaiting bulbs! I'm so excited for spring!!!
We found a worm while digging the holes, and Andrew was quite excited about it. I caught a little of the excitement in this video, I wish he would have been more animated, like he was before I got out the camera - but you get the point. It's so fun to watch a child discover!
Andrew helping me...
The day after we got all our bulbs planted, it rained pretty hard! But the sun came out in the afternoon for a bit and the boys had a blast! They are 100% boys!!!!It was so cute to watch my two boys play together - and actually enjoy the same thing for bit. Andrew was sure copying everything Eric did, much to Eric's dismay and Andrew's delight!
Another fun thing to do on a rainy day is make cupcakes!!! In the previous post is a tutorial on how to make these fun little yummy morsels!
6 years ago





1 comment:
I had no idea such a thing as a bulb auger existed. Someone was thinking there. How fun to see your yard next spring! I can't wait to get my hands on our yard soon.
Cute cupcakes! Thanks for the great tips. I've been wanting to make some yummy treats.
Post a Comment