The adventure begins!!!We made it to Disneyland!!!
Day 1 went really well. The crowds are few - and the lines are short. I don't know how people come in the summer when it's crazy. I felt claustrophobic enough with this small crowd...I don't know what I would do with huge, huge crowds.
Andrew wasn't so sure about Pluto the first time we saw him.... but he did love him the second, and third time we ended up seeing him today. He tried to pet him the second time we took pictures with him - it was cute. Now every time he sees someone wearing a goofy or pluto hat, he says "goggy" (meaning doggy). He loves it.
Eric was a little apprehensive about rides and such. He has a lot of anxiety. It seems like the rides he has the hardest time on are the ones that have dark waiting lines, where you go in a building and look at moving stuff while you wait - for some reason that really scares him. So - we had to bribe him. We told him if he would go on so many big rides, he could choose a hat. He was game with that... and it got us through the first day. He did loosen up through the day and now he will go on most rides.
We saw Jessie and Woody - and there was no line to see them. How cool is that?? :)
We took a ride on the steamboat. The kids thought that was so cool. I love how we have so much room - and the crowds are just small. It is seriously so nice! And we couldn't have asked for better weather - mid 70's with a bit of cloud coverage... AWESOME!
Andrew survived his first day at Disneyland... he was confused at what we were doing most of the day - and he spent a good deal of time in the stroller waiting. But - tis the life of an 18 month old at Disneyland. We try to find rides we can all go on to break up the waiting a bit.
Like - Winnie the Pooh Adventure ride. :)Toon town was fun too - the kids liked seeing all the fun buildings.
Teacups were another fun one - oh - I get so queasy on these kind of rides... but I'll do anything for the kids!
Another one of our favorites was the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blaster. It was pretty cool. We all enjoy going on that one. Especially Andrew - who likes to spin the car around in circles to make it even more of a challenge! Abby and Eric were such troopers. We figured out a lot of things today - what to do and what not to do... tomorrow will be better I'm sure!!!
6 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment