We had a fun day raking leaves with the cousins last week - We made a huge pile using all the leaves and put it under our slide. The kids had a good time helping me and they had a GREAT time playing in the leaves. It makes all that work worth it right?
I wish my camera did better action shots - but you get the point!
This one looks like Eric's going to dive at any moment...thankfully - he didn't!There were no injuries in this activity! :)
This year has been so strange with our trees. I usually have to rake at least 5 times, as the leaves fall so slowly. But yesterday Abby looked out the window and said "mom, it's raining leaves." And seriously it really did look like it was raining leaves. The leaves were just dropping off the tree in droves - and all green like this. None of them are yellow - and honestly - ALL of the leaves came down yesterday. It was the weirdest thing ever. We NEVER loose all our leaves before our neighbors. They are usually laughing at me as I try to rake my leaves in December before a snow storm hits...(maybe not laughing, but thinking that they are glad they aren't me :) But this year... I get to be the first one done!!! I'll take that any year. But it does make the leaves extremely heavy and hard to haul. But wow - I seriously have never gotten my leaves done in two raking sessions!!! WaHOO!! Anyone want some leaves for their garden??? They are bagged and in front of the garage if you do :)
6 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment