Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Dec 27, 2011

Christmas

Christmas was sure interesting this year.. I don't know if I want to repeat it anytime soon!!

It started with the annual Jacobson FHE where we talked about the true meaning of Christmas and did the Nativity.



There was also the passing out of special ornaments:
Eric got a Lego helicopter - because of his love for Lego's this year.
Abby got a White Angel - because she was baptized this year.
And Andrew got a Barnyard Animal ornament - because of his fascination for animals.
Christmas Eve came way too quickly. The Bradley Family Christmas party was Christmas Eve. Eric came down with a yucky bug on Friday night - and we thought he might be well enough to attend the party... but he laid on the carpet like this all day... So Eric and I stayed home and watched TV while Chris took Andrew and Abby to the party. It was a lame way to spend Christmas Eve - I didn't like being separated from my family on that special night!
But Abby had a great time being Mary - and she took lots of pictures for me so I would feel like I was there!
Abby hung the stockings from the table with care -in hopes that St. Nicholas would soon be here! She made the names - can you tell?
Poor Eric slept in the hallway, because we were afraid he would start throwing up again. This is how he slept on Friday night too - and it was a good thing on Friday night - he visited the toilet a LOT. But Saturday night, he didn't end up needing it - he never did throw up. And it sure made it hard for Santa to sneak in....
Sunday morning dawned. We let the kids have fun with their Santa toys before getting ready for church. Eric was adamant that he was still sick and would NOT go to church. My mom offered to take him while the rest of the family went...thanks mom!

This is the trampoline we got - my parents helped us buy it for Christmas!! The kids are excited to get it set up.
Andrew found suckers in his stocking... and he tried to unwrap all of them - and he threw quite the tantrum when we tried to take ANY away...
Eric got some Ninjago Lego's from Santa...
Andrew was so excited to open a puppy (my favorite kind...doesn't eat, poop, or bark!)
I got my favorite CD - David Archuleta!!


Chris got some money to buy a sweater...
Abby got a DS.

After church we let the kids open their gifts - it was fun. Eric was feeling better and we thought we might be out of the woods. We told Eric he had to open a certain gift first - and I video taped his reaction. We told him it was the best present under the tree - and that's why he had to open it first! It's pretty funny... hope you enjoy!





Sunday afternoon we got to talk to Elder Bradley - then we headed to the Jacobson Christmas dinner. That's where Andrew ended up throwing up - he threw up that once - and we rushed him home thinking it would be like Eric, throwing up all night. We set up blankets all around his crib, and put him to bed at 6:00pm. He slept until 2 am, had a bottle, and then slept until 7:30 am. He never did throw up again - but he sure was tired! Monday night, Abby came down with the bug - and so did Chris. As of right now - I'm the only one that hasn't gotten sick. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, because I don't know who would clean the bathrooms if I ended up getting it.... Wish us luck. I hope it's over!

No comments: