Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Dec 16, 2011

I won't cry...

You know the song from "The Forgotten Carols" - I cry every time I take the tree down...??? Well - this year... I WON'T be crying! I will be REJOICING when I finally get to take down all the Christmas decorations. BaHUmbUg you say? Well, yes, I guess this year I am. I'm so sick of putting decorations back on the tree, finding manger pieces all over the house and trying to keep all the decorations in their place. Andrew even pulled the tree over and broke two ornaments - you know those special one you put at the top so the kids won't break them... GRrrRRrr.. I think I may even take down all the decorations on Christmas day this year.

I know this stage ends...but today - it seems like it's going to last forever! :(

4 comments:

Jean Bradley said...

Oh Maria! I do remember those days!! It is never ending and you wonder why in the world you put something up that you know will hardly survive, but it will bring them memories and it will be worth it. We love you, you are an amazing mom and it's great that you do it all anyway!!!!

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

I feel your pain! For now I'm contenting myself with a half decorated tree, and all the nice nativity pieces very high up. Everything else is constantly down and being played with. I try to enjoy how much they like playing with the less breakable nativities, but it's frustrating sometimes for sure! Thankfully our tree was pulled down before the ornaments were on it and I think that scared the kids enough to prevent it again! Keeping my fingers crossed.

AnJ. said...

I keep finding ornaments strung all over the house and Libby busted one of my favorite snowmen. In she came with the head handed it to me and said, "You okay?" Now there's a lovely headless snowman on my shelf. You are not alone. Promise. I usually cry with joy when I get to take the tree down.

AnJ. said...

Oh look at that! After weeks of not being able to leave a comment, it took it. Yippee!!!!