Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Nov 8, 2012

Birthday boy!!

 Happy Birthday to my cute husband!  What do you get your loved one for his birthday?  Some years - I know exactly what to get - this year was not one of those!  He had a lot of things on his list - but things that he needed to pick out himself...like golf shoes!  Ya - I'm not going to pick those out.  So, I gave him money.  I tried to make it as creative as possible.... so here's what I did.  I got 50 dollar bills, 20 dollars in 2$ bills, and 30 dollars in $5 dollar bills.  I taped them together in one long row.  Abby was so jealous and said I could do this for her anytime!

 Then I folded them all nicely
 And put them in a Kleenex box.  It said - "here's something you can blow..."
 I didn't even have to wrap the box! :)  He had no idea what the kleenex was for :)
 But I think he liked it. 
 I also made him a travel board to put pins on as he travels around the US.  We will also put family pins on as well.  I think it turned out pretty cool looking.  It's just spray painted on a cork board.
 Andrew wanted daddy - such a sad face.  After Chris left for work he started crying saying he wanted daddy.  I wish daddy could have stayed home today too!!!

This week has been such a beautiful week weather wise.  I didn't waste any time - I've been painting all week and totally ignoring the house - I'll get to that when it gets cold! :)

I found these black chairs at DI.  I knew they would be perfect for Abby's desk and my desk! I couldn't wait to get them painted up.  The first one I sanded for hours! The second one I got smart and used a spray paint primer that requires no sanding - needless to say I'll never sand again!  :)
I love how colorful they turned out - the purple one is for Abby, the yellow for me.
 We also bought a new dresser to put in Eric and Andrew's room.  I found this at an estate sale.  It was pretty beat up.
 lots of scratches, but still sound - it was built to last (that's why I love old dressers at garage sales!)
 see all the scratches on top?
 Well - I got right to work and primed it with my new found no sanding needed primer...  and found some blue Oops paint at home depot... and turned this dresser into a beauty!  :) 


 I also spray painted the handles bronze (I already had the spray paint).  They look so  much better than the gold! :)  Eric is excited to have a new dresser and I'm excited to move Andrew's clothes into the room so I can put the baby clothes in the other room.  YEAH!! 

No comments: