So - obviously my blog had to take a back seat for a few months. I had good intentions of keeping it up and recording our families comings and goings...but Primary kind of took over my life.
I'm finally feeling like I'm getting used to being the Primary President.. if that's even possible... and I feel like I need to have a few things in my life that make me feel normal still. Like my blog, even though no one reads it. Chris and I use it to keep a family history - so for that reason alone, it's worth it.
I don't know how many times since January 1st that I've sat down with all intentions to update this blog- to catch it back up and then keep it going. But, each time I just feel too overwhelmed with how far behind I've become, and think tomorrow I will have more time to catch up. It never happens and I've just become more and more behind. So - today, I've decided that I'll just start with January 2015. Then I know I can catch up without much trouble and hopefully keep it going!
Our Primary started off the year with a get to know your teacher party. The theme was "come see what your teacher is UP to."
We had a great turn out! The balloons really made the whole thing funner.
We fed them a sack lunch - it was all out on a buffet table, and they put things they wanted in their sack. We had PBJ or chicken salad sandwich, cuties, fruit snack, cookie, carrots, gold fish, water or capri sun. They kids loved choosing what they were going to eat.
Then we ate lunch pic nic style. The balloon matched their name tag color- and that's how the children knew where to sit and who were their new teachers.
some classes are tiny - some are pretty big... but they are all amazing!
We had a great time getting to know our teachers and children in the primary!
6 years ago





3 comments:
I read your blog Maria!! This primary activity looks awesome and so fun! Nice Job!
Cute idea! And...I feel your pain. I used to never get behind and now I feel like I'm always behind but I keep pushing forward because I want to write these memories down.
p.s. you better keep writing I'm still here to read. :)
This is such a clever idea! I think I will pass this on to my primary president. We need it!
Post a Comment