Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Mar 3, 2015

Wedding pictures

I was asked by a friend in my old ward if I would take some photos of a wedding for her friend.  To say I was intimidated would be an understatement.  I was so nervous that I wouldn't be good enough. I prayed earnestly that my camera would work properly, and that I would be able to remember all the tricks I've learned! 

My saving grace was that this was an older couple that were both getting married for the second time.  They weren't even going to get a photographer - they just wanted a simple wedding.  My friend insisted on a photographer :)  Just to get a few shots. So, I wasn't under a ton of pressure to find cutsie poses or fancy shots ... just capturing the essence of the day was all they wanted.
 The day here in Saint George was beyond beautiful.  It was warm, sunny and just perfect!
 These two were completely in love, and the spirit was so strong. It was just radiating from them. They were fun to work with.  And they are just the cutest couple!  I was glad I was able to help them capture their day, even though it scared me completely! 
 Sometimes it's good to be stretched beyond our own limits, and to do something scary once in a while. But, I'm going to say I don't want to do that too often.  I don't really have interest in taking wedding photos... it's way too scary!  I can see why wedding photographers charge so much...that's a TON of pressure. 
It was a beautiful day, with a beautiful spirit.  I'm so grateful I had a few skills that I could share with this cute couple!  And I felt like I was truly blessed to be able to be with them on their special day.

No comments: