YEAH NATALIE! Thanks for inspiring me!!
On April 19 Natalie (my sister in law) ran the Salt Lake Marathon. The whole family came out to cheer her on. It was rather odd to be on the spectator side for once. It was kind of nice, but kind of sad too. I was wishing I was the one out there killing myself...sounds masochistic doesn't it? Ya, I know. I told myself that this year I was taking a break from marathons...that I was just too burned out. But you know, watching Natalie run so well, and also beat my fastest time on her first attempt made me think...maybe I'm not burned out! I came home and looked up all the marathons close by this summer. Then I made a plan. The Deseret News Marathon is July 24th, 13 weeks away. That would be perfect. So, now that I am writing it here it will help me keep up my running and try to beat that nasty 4 hour mark... killer! As I have been running this week, I keep wondering why I do this to myself. I call this fun? Well, it kind of is after the race is over! So, if any of you want to lace up your shoes and join the marathon please do!! If you need more information go to - http://deseretnews.com/run/.
6 years ago





2 comments:
I wished we lived closer. Rich would love to run with you guys. I need to watch for marathons down this way. Maybe not until the fall though! Happy training! :)
I'm glad I found your blog again! I couldn't get on for awhile. I love all the pictures you've posted. The screaming on the tramp was so funny. We all had such a great time up there. Good luck with the marathon training. Dave's decided he's going to do St. George again. We'll see. It changes from week to week. :) Thanks again for the fun week!
Post a Comment