Abby loves to draw. I try to encourage her in any way I can. This is her family portrait.. She said it was me,(look how tall and skinny I am!! ;), Chris, (I just love the spiky hair), her little sister and herself. I asked where Eric was and she said he wasn't in the picture. :) Poor little Eric. Maybe we should have had two girls first, so Abby wouldn't feel so lonely. (and no, I'm not announcing, it's just Abby wishing I were).Here is Abby's first oil painting. I framed it and hung it up downstairs. It's a little abstract, but at least she is getting the feel of the paint and enjoying herself. Hopefully she can be like her cousin Sierrah and grow up loving to draw.
Today Abby brought me a piece of paper that she had drawn on and she said, "Look, I spelled PIG!" And sure enough, she had! I was quite impressed. I'm not sure how or where she learned that, because I know I didn't teach her. Perhaps she has been watching Word World a little too much and picked it up from there. I'm not sure, but it was fun to see how excited she was to write a word.
6 years ago





3 comments:
That picture is very good(oil painting) I love little kids art. Maria that would be a great way to tell everyone your prego. Come on. Your kids are so cute have another!!!
Abby is such an awesome artist! She is following right in your footsteps Maria! I love that she left Eric out of the picture. Now that is some sibling love!
Wow, Abby!! What an artist already. She has some good genes. Impressive she spelled pig. Way to go, Abby! Give her a big hug for me!
Post a Comment