Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Sep 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Abigail!

It seems so weird to think I'm old enough to have a 5 year old daughter! She is growing up way too fast. Last night I read her the first journal entry I made for her, 5 days before she was born. I don't think I've read it since I've written it in there and it made me laugh... "August 27, 2003, I am getting so excited to see what you will look like. Chris and I often try to guess what features you will have, whose eyes, lips, nose, hair, etc. I think the only gene that we are pretty sure you will get is brown hair! :)" Hahaha.. LOL.. The only thing she didn't get from us is her blonde hair :)BLONDIE!!


For Abby's birthday we decided to take her to Build-A-Bear and let her pick out her own bear. Luckily they had a PURPLE bear.. her most favorite of all times color. I'm not sure where she got that love, but she has always preferred purple. She loved stuffing the bear and washing it and picking out her clothes. She named her Sarah, her favorite girl name at the moment.

After Build-A-Bear we went to Macaroni Grill for lunch.. it was great ;)

Tuesday, on her birthday, we had a fun friend party. Abby would have invited the whole ward if she could have! We had 10 friends come (and yes, I had to limit it at that...there were more on her list!)
Mckenna, Marisa, Thomas, Alivia, Grace, Truleigh
Lydia, Abby, Mia, Hayley

Abby loves friends and she was so excited to have them all come to a party. I was extremely lucky to have my sister-in-laws, and brother-in-law come and help me out a bit. I was a little outnumbered. They were fantastic helpers (so if you have a party and need help, I'm sure I can get you their number!!) We played 'I have a little doggie' and we did a cake walk, a craft, had cake and ice cream cones and read stories. The kids also enjoyed the swings. Abby got way too many adorable presents! Her friends know her well.
Abby wanted a Strawberry Shortcake cake... so I came up with this. They all loved it, so I guess it was a success. How can you go wrong when you surround the cake with bubble gum?? They ate more of the gum than they did of the cake... :)I caught Eric stealing a little frosting...or so I thought he was just stealing a little.....
Looks more like a big handful huh? :) He was pretty much ignored at the party, so he had to find his own entertainment. Good thing Bryson showed up to help him not feel too neglected :) Sorry Eric!
Everyone waiting for the cake and ice cream ;)

Hope you had a good birthday Abby! She's a lucky one... we are having another party on Thursday with the family. I don't think I will do a friend party every year...but it was way fun for all of us!

5 comments:

The Tilley Turf said...

Happy Birthday Abby! Sounds like you had a very fun party!

Anonymous said...

Cute cake! Looks like you had a great party. Happy Birthday, Abby! BIG 5! We love you!

Erica said...

Happy birthday Abby!!!! (we are too young to have kids this old!!)
I LOVE your cakes, wished we lived closer so you could show me how to make them so cute!

James and Ann said...

LOL! Your journal entry made us laugh and then those pictures of Eric! What a sneek.

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Abbster!! Can't wait to see you all in a few weeks. Your cakes ROCK! You have a talent. I hope it rubs off on Sierrah cuz I don't have those skillz! Love those pics of the kids on the rainy day!