Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Aug 24, 2008

Blacksmith Fork Canyon

We took a quick trip up to Blacksmith Fork Canyon near Hyrum, Utah this last weekend. It was just an overnighter, but that's all we needed to take a little break. We went up with Chris' siblings, Lisa and Lance, and James and Ann, Thomas, Hailey and Ann's brother Mackay. Kellilyn and Bryson also joined us. We got a group site at Friendship Campground, 4 miles off the beaten path! It was a really nice site though, and we loved it. It was a great get-a-way!

Thomas and Eric enjoyed the water and playing in the dirt with thier trucks.

We had delicious tinfoil dinners and roasted marshmallows for smores. It was so fun to have a fire. I don't like smelling like smoke, but it's worth it to get to enjoy a nice fire. The stars were amazing up here too. It was beautiful.


Perfectly roasted mallows... mmmm.. delicious!!
The only downside of this campsite were the swarms of wasps. They were very hungry apparently. They were all over in our food. I would say they were fairly calm bees though, not aggressive towards humans. No one got stung and you could all but pet them before they would fly away. Abby said they were her pet bees. Luckily she didn't ask if she could take any home!
A close up shot of those wasps...like I said, you could really all but pet them before they flew away.
Eric and Hailey enjoying one another's company. Aren't they cute :)

5 comments:

Lisa and Lance said...

Nice Pictures. It was an awesome trip! Thanks for finding the spot, we had a great time.

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I know exactly where you were. We loved going up there when we lived in Logan. Dave took me on a motorcycle ride there when we first started dating. Fun times. I'm glad you had a good time. Nice marshmallow skills, Chris!!! Your garden is amazing!! How funny your squash was thristy enough to grow to the canal. Give the kids a squeeze for me--we're going through homesick week here after returning home. We miss you!

Heather said...

Looks like you all had a great weekend. Fun times for cousins to play together. Glad no one got stung by the wasps!
Your garden is impressive!

James and Ann said...

Thanks for taking such great pictures to document the trip. We should definatly go back if we can figure out that wasp problem. :) See you Saturday!

Mel said...

Maria!! I'm so glad I found your blog! I was talking to Angilee and Dorene recently and we were talking about the old ward and wondering about everyone, so I decided to look you guys up! Your family is so cute, and your cupcakes look delicious, I must say!! I also loved your post about feeling like you are in Jr. High when going to YW as a leader! I'm now in YW and totally feel that way sometimes myself! Funny! Anyway, you can check out our blog if you want.