Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Dec 5, 2008

The Busiest Time of Year!

I know I have let my blog go... and for good reason, I think. I've been so busy trying to get a few projects done that have been on my plate for a while now. My camera also hasn't been working right.. I scratched the lens (whoops) and so it doesn't focus on anything but that scratch. It's very frustrating to have lots of blurry pictures. Not all of them are too bad, but it's been so frustrating that I have stopped using my camera. But not to worry.. Chris and I went in together for Christmas and ordered a new one. So, I'll have cute Christmas pictures :) Yeah! Here are some of the fun things I've been working on....

Sanding... :) I got this dresser and the bunkbed on KSL classifieds for 30 dollars. I was so excited. This is what the dresser looked like when I bought it.
This is the dresser after being sanded
And wallah... we have a brand new dresser! :) Not bad huh?
My next project... the bed. I've started on it, but it is taking longer than the dresser. There are a lot more little areas I have to do by hand. Hopefully I will be able to finish it this weekend. Abby can't wait to have the bunkbed in her room so she can have her cousins sleep over!
I gave the kids haircuts. I cut Eric's ear, he was so upset. He kept crying to me "you cut my ear, you cut my ear." It wasn't a bad cut, it was just a little nick, but he sure let me know what an awful job I did. Abby's hair wasn't nearly as hard. She sat and just let me cut it :)

And of course Thanksgiving. I wish I would have taken a picture of the food, it looked so good, and it was so delicious. Grandpa drove the grandkids around on the four wheeler around the yard while we got the dinner all ready. The kids LOVED it!

So, here's to the busiest time of year. :) I'll post some when I get my new camera. I can't wait!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work on the dresser!! I'm impressed with your hard work. I hate sanding. Sanding to me, for some reason, is like scratching my nails down a chalkboard. I get the chills really bad and my teeth hurt. Weird, I know.

Nice haircuts, too! They look great. Bryce HATES haircuts. It's a battle every time.

Thanksgiving was so fun. The food was most certainly delicious and it was great seeing you guys. Good luck with your projects!

The Tilley Turf said...

Wow, awesome job on the dresser and the hair!

Heather said...

Abby's hair was SO long. Speaking of Eric's poor little ear. Have you burned Abby with the curling iron? I got sierrah bad the other day, you'd a thought I poked her eye out! She is old enough to start doing her own hair right?!
Sierrah needs a dresser really bad, glad you found a deal and had the time to give it a facelift! :)

James and Ann said...

The dresser looks fabulous. It's amazing what can happen with a little TLC! Can't wait to see pictures from your new camera! I'm still so jealous. Christmas isn't that far away, I can make it.