Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Mar 25, 2009

My Princess

My little Princess is growing up too fast. We went to visit her cousin Ryland a few days ago. Abby loves to hold him and just look at him. She keeps telling me that she is going to love having a baby around. She's much more prepared to have another baby around than I am... hence the reason I am not pregnant :) (just had to clear that up before any questions) much to Abby's dismay of having to wait even longer for a baby around the house. We will just have to enjoy Kira and Ryland for a while. Abby often tells me that she is going to grow up and have a baby, and that will make me a grandma, and Grandma a Great-Grandma. Guess she's into genealogy already! She loves babies, and I know that when I do have another one, she will be a great help to me!!

Abby is really getting into fashion and beauty. This is her painting her own toenails. Eric was quite intrigued. Abby is so self sufficient that she finds many ways to entertain herself. Toenail painting is one of those things! I love having her be able to get in the car and strap herself in and open and close her doors. It makes my life run so smoothly. She even helps Eric put his seatbelt on. It's nice to have a helper. Although she sometimes tells me that she is not Cinderella and that I shouldn't ask her to do 'everything'. Good reminder...I have to chuckle.



Abby asked to have curlers put in her hair on Saturday night so she could have curly hair on Sunday. She looked so adorable, I had to take a minute before leaving for church and record it. We called her Goldilocks all day. Her hair was so bouncy and curly. She felt so pretty that she practically bounced all the way to church. We didn't have to drag her along behind us as we walked.
Abby and I like to take walks on the new trail by our house. She loves to explore and pick up rocks and sticks. So does Eric. Abby is a very good walking partner. She likes to talk and ask questions, I love to walk with her.
Abby loves to dress up and be silly and pose for the camera. She says 'take one of me like this'
She also likes to be silly! We got new goggles for swimming and she and Eric were playing with them before we went swimming. It's fun to see them be silly together. Most days Abby and Eric play really well together, but they both know what buttons to push on each other to make each other crazy! (that may sound familiar if you know anything about my brother and I, except that I never figured out how to push buttons on Dave, he just pushed mine!)
The other day I was frustrated with Abby and Eric. I was upset and Abby quietly said to me "mom, the Spirit is telling you not to be mad." It made me stop immediately and hug her and tell her she was right. I'm glad the Spirt can at least talk through her to remind me that my children are my greatest gift and how much I really do love them.
BTW - Abby's eyebrow is healing so well!


3 comments:

The Tilley Turf said...

Aw...What fun pictures. You are such a good mom. Abby is really growing up. I love the curly hair. Mom used to always put our hair in curlers on Saturday night...that brings back good memories. I hope Breckan and I can become good friends like that too.

Tammy said...

That was an amazing post! What adorable pictures of your adorable kids. I love the painting toenails while wearing cowgirl hat, adorable! Abby is an amazing little girl and her curls were gorgeous!! I love your blog, I always read it and follow all your links. Thanks for the good info!

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! I love the curly hair and the goggles. The kids can't wait to come up and go swimming with their cousins again--hopefully next week. Abby is such a cute girl. It's fun to see what you guys are up to. If you need some help with Dave's buttons, let me know. We've discovered a few. ;)