This morning I took Abby to get her kindergarten shots. She was not very excited, in fact she was pretty much petrified of going! I finally had to bribe her into going. I told her that if she didn't cry, she could have 5 dollars to spend however she wanted - she could either buy a toy, buy a Barbie movie, or get a happy meal at McDonalds. That actually worked! She was still scared of getting the shot, but she didn't cry. She did a great job. The only bad news was that they were out of the MMR booster shot... so we get to go through this one more time next week! I think her favorite part of the whole appointment was getting to tinkle in a cup... she just thought that was the craziest, funniest thing to do! (lucky me... I got to hold the cup!)
We went to a new doctor since my family practitioner doesn't carry immunizations. I really like this new doctor and she really made Abby feel at ease and comfortable. She told Abby that she is built like a swimmer :) She also said that Abby will be tall... so we'll see if that pans out. She's in the 70% for both height and weight... much different than her earlier years of being under 5%. She's definitely grown out of those tiny years. She's healthy and happy and growing up so fast.
She's so excited to go to school. It's fun to see her starting to grow up and change! My little girl is really growing up! :)
6 years ago





6 comments:
Oh man... I don't look forward to doing that with Breckan next year. Good to know bribery works!
Way to go, Abby!! I think we had Bryce's shots last summer just in case we decided to send him to kindergarten. I sure hope we're done. I better find out. Thanks for reminding me. Give Abby a big hug and tell her I'm proud of her!
LOL!! That is so funny, we can picture Abby now thinking it is so funny to tinkle in a cup. She is great. I am glad things went well. What did Abby spend her five dollars on?? :)
Lisa, she bought a ponyville pony :) And some flip flops.
I just know that she'll be taller than me before long...but I guess that's not very far to go. :) I really have loved watching little Abby grow up. She's setting a great example for all her cousins.
5 bucks! Hope my kids don't read this!! ;) I remember Hunter walking out into the waiting room like someone had just ripped his arm off! I am glad to have all those kinder shots behind me! It is a rough day, I get just as nervous for the poor kids. Abby is just beautiful! Teenage years will be rough, boys will be beatin' down the door!
Post a Comment