Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

May 25, 2009

Bear Lake

For Memorial Day Weekend we decided to head up to Bear Lake. We went with Chris' siblings, James, Ann, Thomas and Hailey; Lisa, Lance and Ryland; and Jenny and Trevor. We had a great time, despite the rain! The first night we roasted hot dogs and had smores. The kids LOVED the fire and cooking things in it.

Eric and Thomas loved playing with the trucks in the dirt. Eric would just crawl around in the dirt and play and play. He was thoroughly entertained the whole time. He got so dirty, he was 100% boy!
Abby on the other hand was 100% girl. She loved holding Ryland, making friends with the neighboring campers and searching for flowers to pick.
Eric and Hailey playing in the dirt. I love how Hailey hauled her baby around to play with her, how cute!Breakfast! We had bacon, eggs and pancakes. Can't go wrong there. We had really good food!!Eric and Thomas in the dirt... yes, that's really all they did.Family picture Abby freezing at the lake. She wanted to go swimming, but it was rainy and cold.
Eric and Hailey playing in the sand.James and Trevor took a dive into the lake... Eric saw them running in and ran out after them. He got all the way up to his chest before realizing how chilly the water really was. Thank goodness Trevor carried him back! :)
We played in the sand for about 20 minutes, then we got rained out...and decided to go get some Bear Lake Raspberry shakes!
This was our cool bear head log Trevor brought up. We enhanced it a bit with some marshmallow eyes.
Roasting marshmallows
You can't really see how dirty Eric was, but he was seriously covered from head to foot with dirt and grim and chocolate and marshmallow. Thank goodness for showers there that night! Saturday night after we went to bed it rained most of the night. The kids slept through the whole thing...but Chris and I listened to the pitter patter of rain on the tent. In the morning, Eric went right back to playing in the mud with his trucks. Nothing stops him :)We had a great time, and the rain just made it more interesting. I can't wait to go again. We have decided to try and go at least once a month this summer. I really hope that happens, because it is so refreshing to just get out and sit by a camp fire and relax and roast mallows. Nothing better than getting dirty and feeling that freedom!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Ohhh that looks so fun! Dirt and all. I am so ready to go camping... and then I remember I have a baby and so don't want to try to keep her clean and safe while camping. I've never camped at bear lake, if you can believe that, but after reading this I'm going to have to try it!

rYLeE & KaTiE said...

Maria,

You are on the ball. I can't believe you found me already AND added me to the blogroll. Impressive...

It was really good to see you guys on Sunday. I'm glad we came! I'm also WAY happy you have a blog!! We should try to find out which other cousins have them. What a great way to stay up on what's going on in each other's lives.

Your kids are SO cute. I just love them... I can't wait 'til we have some of our own someday...

Lisa and Lance said...

We had so much fun camping too! I love the picture you got of Eric running out to swim with Trevor and James. He is such a fun kid! We will have to start planning the next trip! I can't wait!

Jim, Becky, and Kids said...

It looks like you had a fun time! There's nothing better than a little boy in the dirt! And it's amazing how quickly they can get covered head to toe!