I finally got brave enough to change my hairstyle. I've been growing it out for a LONG time. I even got it to grow past my shoulders! I loved it long. But keeping it looking healthy and actually doing it were tough. I found myself putting it in a bun almost everyday. I really realized how little I did it as I was looking through pictures trying to find one with my long hair.... all the pictures of me that I've taken the last few months are of me with a bun! So, I knew I wasn't doing it. So, I finally asked my neighbor to cut it.
This is me with long hair....
And this is me now :) The day I got it cut, Abby kept coming up to me and saying, "mommy I really like your hair." "I love your new haircut mom." "Your hair looks really cute, mom." It made me feel so good. I haven't had so many compliments in many many years! I went to Young Womens on Sunday, and I've never had so many people comment on my haircut. I guess that's one huge advantage to teaching Young Women, they really notice when things are different. They made me feel young and fresh.I love going back to short hair. I just felt like it gave me an extra bounce in my step. I will miss my long hair...but mostly just the days I would have done it...which were few and far between. Oh, and one thing I really love about this new hair cut is that my neighbor layered it so awesomely that I don't even have to blow dry it to get it to go cute. Now how AMAZING is that for a cute summer hair do!! Got to love that!!!
6 years ago





4 comments:
It's really cute, Maria, I love it. That's so fun that Abby kept complimenting you on it, too. The only thing bad about short hair is you have to keep cutting it to keep it that way! (;
So So cute Maria! What a nice neighbor. I want you to post gardening tips. :) And I'm coming to your house to see your hairbows!
I love your hair! It is way awesome! It makes me want cut mine....maybe someday!
Love it! I loved it long too. Cute short style just in time for summer. Hey, I have mastered the flat iron curling trick. I do Sierrah's hair all the time, she is so proud of me! :)
Post a Comment