Today the strangest thing happened. Abby went outside with her umbrella in the rain, and she walked right past this bird. We didn't even notice it because it sat there as still as a statue. Then when we did notice it, we were amazed that we could walk right up to it and it wouldn't move! So, of course I got my camera out. After taking a few macro pictures of it, I started feeling bad for the poor bird. Something had to have been wrong for it not to take off in flight at the site of small children, or a gigantic adult! So, I got out a box, put a towel in it, and lifted the bird from the railing into the box.
It didn't fight me moving it at all, and the kids were so excited to see a real bird up close. Abby wanted to keep it, but you know, I'm not sure a wild bird would be the best pet for us :) We left it by our garage in the box with the towels, hoping it would be okay. Then we left to run errands. When we came back there was no sign of the bird, but he did leave us a nice big bird poop... so hopefully that means it flew off and was ok. I'm certainly grateful we didn't come back to a dead bird. I was just as fascinated with the bird as the children were. It's just not everyday that you get to really see a bird up this close. I hope we didn't give the poor bird a heart attack.
6 years ago





1 comment:
Wow! That is really crazy. I can't believe you got so close to that bird. I'm glad that little thing was ok. Funny/interesting/crazy story!
Post a Comment