Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Mar 4, 2010

projects

This project was for christmas - and I've been meaning to post it ever since, I just couldn't figure out how to show you all the clothing without posting too many pictures.... so I finally finished some pages of clothing -

For Christmas Santa gave Abby this doll, and mommy made a suitcase of clothing to go with it. I started in October sewing doll clothes - I am really into sewing these days! I have many more projects that I have finished that I want to post - but I will get to that soon hopefully! Projects that I have done since Christmas - a quilt for Eric, a car seat cover, skirts for Natalie's wedding, ties for Natalie's wedding, and some baby quilts and matching burp cloths! So, be watching for those posts hopefully by May! :) Enjoy! Just so you know- simplicity patterns are much easier than McCall's patterns for these doll clothes - if you want to make some.
I made Abby matching pajamas too - so she could be like the girls in the American Girls magazines - :) I made Eric some pj's too - but no doll to go with it!
After Christmas I was at the DI and saw another 18" doll there for 1$. It was a little torn in the back, had crazy hair and her face was dirty - but I knew those things could be fixed... so I bought her. I came home, washed her up, and washed her hair with downy and put it in curlers. Then I stitched her seam back up. She washed up really nice and Abby was excited to have another doll so her friends could play dolls with her when they came over.
Abby named her Sara -
And now Sara and Cicy are best of friends!
It was definitely worth the dollar and time I put into the doll!! :)

4 comments:

Sharla said...

WOW! I am extremely impressed! What a thoughtful present. That must've been a ton of work, I bet Abby was thrilled. That will be a gift she treasures forever.

Tammy said...

So cute! Look at all those doll clothes. I think they are nicer than my clothes. :) I love the second doll! What a great find.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, Ri! That is super impressive. How do you find the time?!?! I'm so unorganized. I've had a jumper to make for McKayla for months now--she's going to grow out of it before I even finish it! Way to go.

Anonymous said...

PS--I just noticed the byu outfit. Ri!!!! What is that?!?!?! I'm not so impressed anymore. :) :)