Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Mar 4, 2010

Best Birthday Yet!

I had the best birthday yet! I have to post some disclaimers before I go on though:
1 - I am a introvert
2- I really enjoy being alone... and that is how I recharge.
That said - you will hopefully understand and not think I'm too weird when I tell you about my birthday :)

I woke up to a beautiful bouquet of flowers, a sweet note and a woman's backpacking pack from Chris. I can't wait to use my new pack - it looks awesome!! I realize it may not be this summer...but it will be soon. Maybe I'll just take it camping with us this summer so I can at least use it once!

I took Abby to school, and dropped Eric off at my sisters. She was so nice to offer to take my kids all morning so I could do whatever I wanted. She even picked Abby up from school for me so I could have a little longer alone. What did I do with my freedom?? I went grocery shopping -I know that sounds silly- but it's so nice to go when you don't have any kids!! - and I rented a chick flick and went home and sat in the recliner and got to watch a movie uninterrupted by children and I didn't have to stay up late to do it - how nice is that???!!!

My mom asked if I wanted to go out to eat - but I just wanted a day alone to recharge so I declined the offer. She was so sweet and brought me lunch to my house! It was so delicious - and I didn't even have to share anything! She also made me a huge chocolate cake (like i needed to add 10 more pounds!) but it was delicious... with nuts on top...my favorite!

Christa brought my kids home Friday afternoon - and we were all ready to go play. We took a walk to the park - it was such a beautiful day!
After the park, we went to Dairy Queen and got a free sundae for my birthday...yummy!!!! hot fudge and marshmallow. It was definitely enough for all three of us to share - we could have used Chris too! Then we went to Target and Abby picked out a webkinz for me. If you buy a webkinz animal it comes with a code so that you can get into a computer world for your animal. There are tons of games and fun things to do on it - and I always play on Abby's webkinz site. I thought it might be time for me to get my own :) Abby was more than happy to help me pick one out for my birthday...and help me set up his room online :) Now we get to play together! It really is fun - and the webkinz mini animals are pretty inexpensive. Here's my little Topher :)
The rest of the day I don't have any pictures - although I did take my camera, I just didn't use it. When Chris got home from work, we took the kids up to James and Ann's and dropped them off for the night (thanks again!). Then we went on up to the Ogden Temple. We thought we would have more time - but with traffic and everything we ended up not having time for dinner before the temple. (it was ok for me, since I had that huge ice cream to hold me over). We went to a very crowded session - and it was wonderful. Then we went to Red Lobster at 9:45pm. That is the LATEST I've ever been out to eat in my life! There were more people there than I thought would be - and it didn't close till 11, so we didn't feel too bad - and it was so worth it! We got their delicious cheese rolls, and I got their coconut shrimp and salmon. Oh - I love that place!!!! If I were rich - I'd go there more often!

Chris and I were supposed to do something fun on Saturday morning - like go to the gym together or just hang out, but he ended up having to work - so I got to work on my projects without kids again. It was such a fun birthday. I really got the chance to recharge and regenerate my soul. I didn't realize how much I needed that!!! Thanks everyone for making my day special!!!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Maria! I still have your present. I just need to staple the back on. :) Glad you had a great day.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds like a great day. Glad you had a good one! Happy Birthday!!

Heather said...

Glad you had a great day. You deserve it! You are such a sweet, talented mom. Abby has a great example to look up to. :)