We started our week by celebrating Memorial Day with family. We had kabobs at West Bountiful park with the Bradley's for lunch - along with a great game of ultimate frisbee.and even had a snake encounter - the boys were sure enthralled!
Then we headed to the Jacobson's for dinner. The kids roasted hot dogs, and the grown ups had hamburgers. The kids love roasting hot dogs in my parents back yard!I think Mia looks more like she's out fishing...waiting for something to bite her line! ;)
Grandma and Grandpa Jacobson even joined us. They said they hadn't had a roasted hot dog for quite some time. Mckenna roasted the most perfect marshmallows - and she made them for all of us. Grandma was in heaven - and so was I! Oh I love toasted marshmallows!
Abby had her last week of school this week. She had to take her bear on an adventure for one last homework assignment, so she built a castle and played with our neighbor and Eric with her bear.
Here is her drawing of what she did with her bear - I love her drawings!
Friday was Abby's last day of school - I can't believe it's already been a whole year of school! Where did time go??? She wanted to walk to school the last few days - so we did. On the last day we walked to school and home from school.
We said good-bye to her most wonderful teacher, Mrs. Egbert. Abby has just adored her as a teacher and we will really miss her. I hope her next teacher is just as awesome!
And Abby wanted to show me how she can skip the monkey bars at school. She loves these monkey bars and loves playing outside.We had a 'Back to Home' party on Friday night. We went to a ward BBQ, then we slept outside in the tent. Of course it rained on us - but the tent works well, and we all stayed dry. This is our new tent we got for Christmas, and it was SO nice to be able to just spread out and have tons of room... it was so fun. The kids slept well, even Andrew slept just fine in his laundry basket; Chris and I slept ok - guess we are getting old :) The rain kept waking me up and I kept worrying about Andrew -but he was just fine!
Abby and Eric had a great time playing in the tent and creating their own little corners.
I don't think Andrew even noticed he wasn't in his crib!Abby sure does look comfy! I think she's used to sleeping in the basement and thinking she needs a billion blankets :)
Saturday morning we went to Grandma Jacobson's for breakfast with Christa, her kids, Dave, Lori and their kids and Grandma and Grandpa Jacobson. Then we took the kids yard sale shopping- they LOVE going :) (almost as much as I do)
On Sunday we blessed Andrew. It was so fun to have the whole family come and support us. We had to save 3 big benches and 2 small ones (we tried to save 3, but someone else sat there - oh well). We definitely needed that much room!! We are getting to be a big family.
Here's little Andrew in his blessing outfit. It's the same one we used for Eric.
I caught Andrew smiling -and finally got a shot of it - still isn't his full smile, but I'll catch it someday. :)And just for fun - here is another comparison of Eric and Andrew. I think Andrew is definitely getting his own look - they still look like they came from the same family, good thing, but they are looking different too! Andrew is on the left, Eric on the right. I think their eyes are what look the most different.
Happy 6 weeks Andrew!!!!
6 years ago





2 comments:
Your tent looks AWESOME! I can't wait to see it. Sounds like you had a fun last week of school. I love Andrews laundry basket to sleep in. Great idea. Thanks for having us over after the blessing. It was so fun to sit and enjoy.
You have been busy! We sure had fun with you guys this weekend. I'm glad we were able to be there for Andrew's blessing and finally meet him!! What a cutie. Thanks for letting me hold him.
Post a Comment