Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Jun 24, 2010

spooky resemblence

I used to think that Andrew resembled Eric... but not anymore! Now he resembles a doll I played with as a little girl. My mom still had the doll, so I dug it out of her basement, and sure enough - Andrew really does look like this little doll. Luckily he doesn't have quite the primate forehead, for which I am very grateful! But he does significantly resemble this doll - weird!
Andrew has been such a calm little guy - but the last few days have been a little rough. He has cried more than usual - and nothing calms him down. I've tried feeding him, changing him, bathing him, taking him outside... He does eventually fall asleep out of exhaustion, but as soon as I put him down, it starts again! I'm taking advantage of Abby holding him for a minute, which has seemed to calm him down a bit. Does anyone else have any tricks up their sleeves? This is very abnormal for Andrew (at least for how he's been the first 2 months of life).

2 comments:

Trevor Hatch said...

Wow! Andrew really does resemble that doll, that's amazing! About the crying, I'm certainly no expert but Trevor's sister gave me some suggestions the other day from a book she had read and I haven't been stumped with McKaylee yet! The book she read was "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and it suggest 5 "s" words...sucking, swaddling, swinging, "shhh"ing and one other thing that I can't remember right now. Maybe singing? Anyway, the one that's worked best for McKaylee is swaddling. If you wrap her up all tight with her arms tied to her side, she instantly calms down. You may have already tried all these, but I thought I'd suggest them. Good luck!!!!

Ann said...

Oh Maria, it's always so hard when they go through a change of personality like this. It sounds like you've tried all of my best suggestions...maybe a long car ride though. Should we go and drive the Wasatch Back course again? :) I'm sure he'll get back to normal again soon. It's tough growing so much.