I seriously can't believe my little e is 4!!!! Where in the world did the last 4 years go??
age 1- monster truck birthday age 2 -train birthday
age 3- Airplane birthday
and age 4 - Construction birthday
This cake was definitely the hardest cake I've made so far - I'm not sure why. It really was just a simple cake, but things just kept going wrong. My first cake didn't come out of the pan - Eric was very happy about that... he snacked on it the whole time I was making the next try...
The second cake fared better coming out of the pans, but not going together like they should - My pieces kept falling apart. It was about 5pm at this point and his birthday party was at 7. I was in tears... so I prayed for inspiration - a very heartfelt prayer! - and it came... things went smoothly after that and I was able to finish in time!
Eric loved his back hoe cake - he picked it and I'm glad I could deliver. I was tempted to just go to the store and buy a cake!!!
We had the family over on Wednesday night for his birthday party - We had such a great party with everyone there- thanks for supporting Eric! Today for his birthday we went to the Hill Air Force Base Museum. Eric loves the airplanes, it was fun and free! Eric loved the airplanes, Abby kept asking when we were going home :)
After the museum we went to meet Miles, Abby and Eric's brand new cousin! Miles and Eric will share a birthday now!! How cool is that? We definitely won't ever forget his birthday! :)
Abby was excited to hold another new born. She is such a cute little mom to Andrew and any baby now! She is 100% girl!
We took Eric to Dairy Queen for dinner - where he got one of his favorite meals - CORN DOG!
He also got his free Sundae for his birthday... he shared with us all! (but he wanted a dilly bar like Abby.... so we got one of those too)
He thoroughly enjoyed his dilly bar... lick after lick after lick....
He ended up a sticky mess... and required a good soaking at home to get rid of the red and blue coloring on his face! I hope you had a great birthday Eric! We love you!!!!
6 years ago





1 comment:
4 years old for reals?? I can't believe that. He is so cute. I am glad the second attempt on the cake finally worked out. It turned out great and you never would have known how bad you struggled with it! :) Looks like you had fun celebrating with Eric, happy birthday little e!
Post a Comment