Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Jul 1, 2010

Tin Man

Tonight after putting Eric to bed, I was in Andrew's room putting on the baby's p.j.'s. Eric came wandering in. He wanted to know what he was named when he was little - of course I told him he was named Eric. And we had a little conversation about why we named him Eric and why we call him little e. Then, I said "I love you, Andrew." and then corrected myself... "I mean Eric." He asked why I called him Andrew and I said, "because mommy doesn't have a brain!" he looked at me funny...then he said, "say Eric" and so I said "Eric" and he said, "see, you have a brain. If you didn't you would be silver." I said, "Silver? why would I be silver?" and he said "you would be like the train man" (meaning the tin man from wizard of oz). I said "you're right - I do have a brain." Thanks Eric for believing in me, even when I don't have a brain!! But I think Eric's is working far better than mine right now :) I couldn't believe he remembered the tin man from watching the Wizard of Oz this spring. (but really it's the Scarecrow that doesn't have a brain, and the tin man doesn't have a heart- but at least he was thinking right??)

No comments: