Andrew is now OFFICIALLY one year old!! YEAH! We made it through a whole year! It was quite the year - but that is all behind us now! We went to the doctor for a well check... He is 17 pounds and 27 in long... a little squirt - not even on the charts. But - he's easy to lug around!! Especially since he only just learned to crawl this last week, whew, right before his birthday! That was our goal (my goal).
His birthday started out a little rough... He was not a happy camper at all. I didn't think I would get anything done all day. Eric wouldn't leave the poor kid alone either. So I had one crying baby, and one very bored 4 year old. I was trying to get the house clean, make a cake and prepare dinner, and wrap presents... and nothing was happening! Then, my saving grace came... My mom and dad showed up with their table and chairs that I asked to borrow. They took Eric for me and I seriously just could have cried it was so nice of them! They took him to work in the yard for a while, my dad fed him lunch, took him out for an ice cream and took him up on the mountain in his truck. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for saving me!!! (and Eric...who was on the brink of having a time out all day in his room!)
Andrew went down for a nap after they left, and I was able to clean and prepare. I made a lion cake for Andrew - because his favorite thing to do is watch baby Einstein, and he roars with the lion every time! It was a fun cake to put together - and Andrew seemed to like it. I also made a little individual cake for Andrew to eat - but we didn't end up having it - maybe we'll do that today. ;)
Before the party started - it was sunny and nice. So we took a minute to go out and enjoy the sunshine while we waited for our guests! Look at my cute boys!!
Andrew begs to go outside now. He crawls over to the top of the stairs and just sits there waiting for the door to open.
We had lots of fun at the party, all the grandparents and great grandparents came. We LOVE those memories!!
Andrew didn't know what to do with his birthday candle... he kept trying to grab it. I guess I needed to practice that one. Maybe next year he'll do better. He had lots of helpers though - and we got the candle safely out!
Andrew opening presents. Great Grandma Bradley gave him a little toy truck from her toy closet. This truck is not just any ordinary toy, it's actually a toy that Grandpa Bradley played with when he was a little boy. How special is that? What a keepsake!!!
Here's Great Grandma Bradley - 90 years old- and still having fun with the kids! Isn't she amazing?? We love our family!!
Even with our rough start- it turned out to be a wonderful day! Andrew seemed to enjoy the attention - and loved having everyone there to celebrate. Happy Birthday little guy!!!
6 years ago





3 comments:
Yeah! Happy Birthday Andrew! I'm glad you figured out how to crawl just in time. I can't believe how quickly this year has gone....
That cake is amazing!!!
Happy birthday little Andrew! I guess I forgot to change the date from the family calendar, because I've been thinking all this time that his birthday wasn't until the 28th. Oops. I'll get a card in the mail!
Post a Comment