Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

My mothers day came a day early...and it was a total surprise. Perhaps you could say it was an answer to prayer. I have really been noticing lately that I receive more promptings and answers to prayer than I realize. I don't know why lately I have really started to notice more and more of them, perhaps it is because I've been trying harder to read my scriptures and pray. I don't know the exact reason, but I do know that I have had a LOT of blessings lately. I hope I don't take them for granted.

Just a few days ago Chris and I were talking about needing to get a new fridge. We can't complain about the fridge we have - we got it for free when we bought our house. A friend of ours had it in their garage and it was just a really old fridge that worked... It was free, and since our house didn't come with a fridge, we were very very grateful. It isn't a full size fridge, and we've really felt that - but you just can't complain about something that works! But we had decided that maybe it was time to make an upgrade. And then yesterday my sister called out of the blue and said - "are you interested in a new fridge?" Wow - are you serious? It just felt like an answer to prayer - we didn't need to put the money out for a new fridge, because a different opportunity came up. How wonderful is that?? Apparently her new neighbors already had 2 fridges when they moved into their house, and the people that left the house left their fridge behind... and they didn't want it. We promptly borrowed a truck and picked it up. With a little elbow grease we got it cleaned up and ready to use.

I am so grateful so such a wonderful blessing! I guess we need to use that money to keep adding to our emergency fund - thank you for the generous family that gave us this opportunity.. One man's junk is surely another man's treasure!!!!

Our NEW to us fridge!! It even has water and ice cubes!! something I've always dreamed of having!! Happy Mother's Day to me!!

This really has been a fun Mother's Day. Abby has been so sweet - she is finally to the stage where she realizes that Mother's Day is a day to be sweet to your mom :) And was she ever sweet! She helped me make breakfast and she gave me a sweet little book that she wrote at school. She also bought me a shell necklace because she KNOWS I love jewelry. All day long she's told me how much she loves me. It just doesn't get better than that!!!! It just doesn't!

Here is her book...
It reads " My mother"


"I like my mom to paint with me."
"My mother and I make cookies" (she is kneeling down looking in the oven)
"To make my mommy smile I give her a hug"
"My mother is best at cooking dinner" (totally sweet!!!)
"I love my mom"

It just doesn't get better than that!
Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers - it's a wonderful calling and privilege to be a mom!!

3 comments:

AnJ. said...

A french-door fridge. Girl you're movin' on up! :) That's very exciting.

I love Abby's book. Mason made the same one. I will treasure it forever.

Ann said...

What a wonderful day! Blessings are flowing down from Heaven all the time. I loved Abby's book too. So sweet, it almost made me cry!

Lisa and Lance said...

The fridge looks great! I love it, and I am sure you are loving it too! How nice that Abby is old enough to really realize what mothers day is. Sounds like you had a great one!