So - I had a pretty bad day the other day - (I'm not divulging which day it was to protect myself from any speculation :) )... Anyhow - I couldn't stop crying and Abby was so concerned about me. I really think that is why we have daughters - so at least one person will continue to care about us even when the boys in the family just think we are nutso. Anyhow - Abby finally sat down next to me and said "Mom, tell me what is REALLY bothering you." Is that not sweet? So - that night, Chris told me I needed to go and do something alone for a while -so I took him up on that. When I came home, I found this on the counter. Abby had done it all by herself. Chris didn't even know about it. It's a piece of cake, with cut up strawberries and a LOT of whip cream. She knew it would make me happy. I love the note the best.
It reads " For Mommy, I love you very much. I know you had a ruf day today. But this is for you. Love Abby."
It made the day end well :)
6 years ago





2 comments:
That is so sweeet!
It's got to be so nice to finally have a child who can look beyond their own needs and wants and see other's, especially their mother's feelings.
Post a Comment