I had the most amazing experience today - truly amazing... it may seem small - but to me it wasn't!
On the way home from getting ear plugs for Andrew at his ENT's office in Salt Lake, I stopped by AmeriGas on Highway 89 to get my grill gas tank refilled with propane. I don't know if you have ever done this - but they fill up your tank, fill out a form for you, then you take it over to an office and pay for it.
So - I got my tank full, and drove over to the office. As I was getting out of the van, I told Eric to hold onto the paper while I got Andrew out. The wind was blowing towards highway 89, and of course...the wind takes that paper right out of Eric's fingers and blows it into highway 89. PANIC. What do I do?
A couple ideas come to mind:
run into the street with Andrew in my arms and hope that Eric stays put
trust Eric with Andrew as I run in the street
put both kids back in the car and run in the street.
ok - so none of these ideas sounds great - as I picture Eric panicking and trying to run into the street after me - or as I picture me not being fast enough with Andrew in my arms to outrun highway 89 traffic.
So - what do I do - I say a very heartfelt prayer in my heart because I have no idea what to do!
And what happens? The paper starts to blow farther away from us - then traffic drives by - and the paper moves down the street, so we follow it...and after about 3 minutes, the wind shifts and blows it right back to us. Do you think the Lord heard my prayer? I know it might sound silly and perhaps you may think it was just coincidence that brought that paper back to me... but it was an answer to prayer. I didn't have to endanger myself, or my children and that is a blessing. The Lord was watching out for me! I really actually felt like the force was with me - as I looked at the paper and willed it toward me! :)
I wonder what the people in the office were thinking as I ran up and down the side of the street... at least they weren't laughing when I went inside!
6 years ago





2 comments:
Those are the tender mercies that we have been taught to recognize and to be thankful for. Wow, I'm glad Heavenly Father rescued you!
That is awesome! I just love moments like that when you really do know someone is watching out for you! I love your possible options by the way. It is crazy how quick all of that goes through your head while you are trying to figure out what to do. So glad the wind shifted for you, what a great story!
Post a Comment