Hair Cut - check
New Clothes - check
Excitement - CHECK
New Back Packs - Check!
New Shoes - Check!!
New Hair Bows - check
Looks like we are READY for school!!!!!
I can't believe Abby is in second grade this year.... how do the years just keep going faster????
Andrew was loving the excitement this morning too. We even got him his own backpack
(Here is a little backpack secret for ya'll.... there is this cool place in Salt Lake where they sell Pottery Barn stuff that has been monogrammed wrong. They sell it for super, super cheap. This backpack we got for Andrew was 3$ because it has an S on it - can you see it? ...
Here's a close up.....
It takes a lot of time and patience to carefully unpick the stitching without ripping the material, but it's worth it!! Here it is after - a brand new adorable backpack. You have to be picky on what you choose -some are more difficult to undo than others. But we've also found monogramms that work too - or that don't look bad at all. And we have sometimes found ones with the kids names on them - that's always fun! But - these are super back packs, well made and they last forever! We just like getting new ones each year for the fun of it. Abby's and Eric's were 5$ because they were a little bigger... but still a GREAT price!)
Abby, Eric and Andrew on the front steps. Abby in her new class - what an exciting day. I can't wait to hear all about her fun adventures!!!!!!! It is definitely different without her at home. Eric and I have already started on some fun adventures :) shhh...don't tell Abby!
6 years ago





4 comments:
I can't believe Abby is in second grade either! She is getting so big! The backpack is amazing. What a great store, I may have to check it out sometime! Good luck with school this year!
Hi! Can I get the address to that store in SLC? I just hate spending a lot of money on backpacks (or anything for that matter). And my 2-year-old would love a little backpack. Have a good day! :)
http://www.localfirst.org/directory/shopping-and-retail/furniture-a-home-decor/downeast-clearance-center-west-valley
go here for the store - 3505 West 3500 South West Valley City. Good luck!
Wow, second grade! Yea Abby! Thanks for the store hint, Maria.
Post a Comment