Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Aug 14, 2011

Moon Lake

Can I just say we had the best camping trip EVER...(so far in our lives). We had a great time. We tried a new place that Chris' brother James discovered through a friend. It was a long drive, but it was scenic, beautiful and awesome!! We packed up our van (to the brim) and headed out on Wednesday afternoon.


We got to the camp around 6 pm, and set up camp. We brought the play n pack for Andrew - best decision ever! It took a lot of room in the tent, but the little guy slept like a CHAMP! (all three nights)
The kids especially loved hanging out in the tent, playing trouble, spot it and coloring. Andrew liked to just walk around and look outside.
The first night we were there we made tinfoil dinners. Chris, Abby and I had hamburger dinners, Andrew and Eric had tinfoil chicken nuggets! YUM..
Andrew didn't eat much the whole time - but he didn't complain too much. He just kept asking for more candy ;)Family picture - it is supposed to have the moon lake logo above us- but that's what you get when you prop up the camera and do a timed picture :)

Just picture this - plus Chris...maybe I'll have to photoshop one just to make it work! :)
The beach here is AMAZING. Seriously - I didn't think it would be this awesome. I wished we had brought some sand toys - the kids could have stayed on the beach all day long!!! The water was very cold - but it was nice to get wet and cold, then play on the beach until you got hot again.
Andrew loved the beach - but not the water. He really avoided it, he didn't like being that cold. It was funny how he would walk along the beach line trying to avoid the water, but still trying to get his toes wet. It was very cute.
Andrew climbing the drift wood - there was so much beautiful drift wood. I wanted to bring it all home - Chris wouldn't let me :) probably a good thing LOL...
Me and Andrew - hanging out on the beach.
We also went on a hike the first day there. It was so beautiful - even if we did have to drag the kids along!!
Andrew wasn't very happy about the hike - he got bored in the backpack.
We enjoyed cool, crisp evenings and chilly mornings - the joy of camping in the winter!
Here is Moon Lake - it is absolutely gorgeous and huge!
The second night we were there James, Ann, Lisa, Lance and their families came with Bryson and Kelli. The next day we went swimming...brrr...
Andrew loved walking around the beach - he really is mastering the art!
The kids loved playing on the beach, making sand castles and dipping in the water. We had a blast!
Bryson took the boys out and played on a floating log. He could touch, and would float the boys around. They loved it!
We had so much fun, that Eric totally crashed before we could get done with dinner.
The kids had a great time hanging out, gathering sticks, making forts, and getting really really dirty!!
Eric was in heaven - this is totally his element. Dirt, relaxation, and nothing to clean up!
Our camping family...
P.S. the bathrooms were flush toilets - AWESOME...the one and only downfall - no showers. But hey - as long as there is running water and flush toilets... I'm good to go! (you could pay to have a shower over at the Moon Lake resort for 5$ if you got totally desperate!)

It was such a fun trip - I wish I could go again. I think this is the first camping trip where I wouldn't have minded staying a few more nights. We were having so much fun. Usually I can't wait to get home and back to my bed, but with the kids all sleeping so well and having so much fun, we could have definitely stayed longer!

No comments: