Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Sep 11, 2011

A very Special Day!!!

Yesterday was a very special day - not only was it 9-10-11... it was also Abby's baptism!


I got ambitious this week and made a doll dress to match Abby's baptism dress (no I didn't make her dress, just the doll dress) I know she will grow out of her love of dolls at some point, so I have to take advantage of it. She loved having her doll with her - it was kind of like a security blanket.
Abby and her dad - It was fun that they got to go early together and just get to enjoy the spirit for a moment before the chaos!
In the font room - where Abby was baptized. Abby was so excited at this point. It was a beautiful service, and it was so touching. The spirit was so strong and it was just so wonderful to see our little girl make such a beautiful choice.
This is our group shot taken by a friend. She had to stand WAY back to get us all in!! We have such a supportive family for sure! Thanks everyone for coming.
Abby's best friend came to her baptism - they have so much fun together!


Our family picture - Andrew wasn't too happy about the whole day, but he somehow survived and begged some food from people. Thanks to everyone (especially Christa) who helped him survive the day so I could focus on the big event!
Abby with her great grandma Bradley. What a sweet heart! Abby was lucky enough to have three great grandparents at her baptism - that's pretty darn amazing! They are all in their 90's too!
Abby's hair do - it was so fast and easy - and so elegant! Here's the tutorial if you ever want to attempt it...
twist hair do

So - as soon as we finished pictures outside at the church - and we made it back to our house for lunch/dinner... it started pouring. Ya - I didn't really prepare for rain... I didn't have a plan B... and my house was not ready for 50 visitors...but inside we went! You visitors definitely got to see the real us! It wasn't so bad - and everyone was very understanding! (I hope!)
Some people braved the weather - which was lightly sprinkling on and off - under the tree is wasn't so bad though! So a few people ate outside and it was great cool weather for that. With a nice background of rolling thunder.
My family who came - minus Matt...(and all the kids)(Matt and the kids were all there - just not in the picture... just in case you were wondering)
It was such a special day. Abby loved the little gifts that everyone gave her. She is excited to read her scriptures, and learn about everyone's favorite scripture. I am now working on her memento book, putting people's testimonies in, favorite scriptures and pictures of baptisms. There are a lot of neat things that Abby can learn from her aunts, uncles and grandparents! She comes from a great heritage, and I hope and pray she keeps passing that on!!!

AND to top off such a beautiful baptism... At church Abby and her friend that was baptized got to sit on the stand with Elder Dallin H. Oaks! Abby got to shake his hand too. I would say she was excited, but I don't think she really understood how awesome it really was. I guess you could say I was more excited than she was! Elder Oaks just showed up at our ward and came to our sacrament meeting and went to a few classes. I got to see him in the halls as I was wrestling Andrew. What an exciting day!

1 comment:

Lisa and Lance said...

Her baptism was amazing! Thanks for letting us share in your special day! It was great. And how cool to have Elder Oaks in your ward!! And I loved her hair after the baptism, it was very beautiful and you guys were out so quick. We hardly had to wait! Congrats Abby!