Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Sep 7, 2011

A weekend worth recording...


This will be a long post...because it was a long, FULL, weekend! We started off on a great foot. Abby had her eighth birthday - we celebrated with a trip to Chuck-E-Cheese with some friends and cousins. We had a great time - the kids loved all the tokens and tickets. Great entertainment!!!




We came home for some cupcakes and to open presents. I didn't have a whole lot of time to get a cake prepared because I ended up having to go to the chiropractor on Friday because I couldn't move my neck. I hadn't slept in two days because of it, and I figured if I was going to go camping for the weekend, I had better get it fixed. So - I made cupcakes instead, with laffy taffy crowns. They turned out adorable... ;) And the girls loved them.Abby and her friends (minus Breckan - who had to leave a little early to get to the family reunion with Grandpa)...
Chris and I gave Abby a new bike for her birthday (pictured at top) It was a last minute idea - because the seat on her bike kept falling off. She has had some definite struggles with her bike this year, and we figured it was time to move up to the next size! She also got a new quilt -made by me (I decided on Wednesday that I would get this done for her for Friday - maybe that's why my back popped out of place!) She also got a reading lamp and a new FLUFFY pillow - her favorite. And a cute Pillow Pet.
She had a fun birthday party - and we had a great time spoiling her!

Saturday morning we got up super early to drive to Cedar City to be at Abby's cousins baptism. It's funny to think that these two also got blessed a week apart! (now they'll be baptized a week apart too).
It was a quick trip down, but so totally worth it!! Abby at one point said "It's a good thing we are stopping at the baptism so we don't have to drive all those hours straight through". She thought we were stopping on our way to the reunion, she had no idea at that point that we were going to the baptism, then turning around and going back the same way plus an hour and a half to the family reunion. I didn't know if I should tell her or not. But on the way home, she soon figured it out... sorry little ones!
family picture at their new awesome church building.
After the baptism we ate lunch at a park. Andrew was having a blast with the water pipe. He LOVES water... just loves it. It could have entertained him all day long.
He didn't mind that it was a little chilly - or that he was in his diaper - he actually prefers that!

Here he is splashing away!



Abby enjoying her chocolate cake. It was so super delicious!!!
After lunch we jumped back into the van and off we headed to Camp Lomia in Logan for the annual Bradley family reunion. Chris got to listen to the BYU football game on the way. He was pretty excited about that app on his phone... I listened until half time - then I fell into a deep sleep....until about 4th quarter. At least I got to hear the win :)
I wasn't the only one who conked out! Can you imagine sleeping like this??!!
Andrew did surprisingly well... he especially loved the slurpee...
We made it to Logan about 7:30 pm, just in time for a pizza dinner and set up our hotel for the weekend. Hotel Tent! The first order of business was Eric throwing up... great, yep, great start to our reunion. Abby didn't throw up until 5am...luckily out of the tent! Andrew didn't sleep much, he was too tired to sleep. That first night wasn't so fun... but the next night went awesome, so we made up for it!
We had lots of fun in the grass field just playing and hanging out, having family devotionals, talent shows, stories, and lots of fun.
We ate awesome food as usual... we definitely never go hungry at the reunion!
We took a few relaxing naps... :) ya right!
It was fun to just be together with the family and get away from real life and craziness...
We had a few tears and a few laughs...
more tears....
This was our home for a few days... I love our tent!
Chris and I enjoying an evening together...
We also played fear factor - with lots of crazy challenges...
yummy....
Andrew was great - and he really enjoyed all the freedom, perhaps too much! Andrew and McKaylee had a good time together - :)


We made a family flag - Abby drew it. It was fun to see her draw and how careful she was to make it look beautiful. She's such a great artist -it's fun to see her talent grow.
Packing up at this camp is an adventure. You have to use handcarts to bring your stuff to the campground because they don't allow vehicles in the campground. I think the kids really enjoy the handcarts though - can you tell?? They were always asking for rides.
We had a great time - and a fantastic weekend! We love to be able to make it to the family stuff and we are so grateful for both of our families - they make life fun! We can't wait for this weekend - and a fun baptism!!!

No comments: