I endeavored to make another cake. This time for my nephew who was turning one. I had a few firetruck pictures to work from - other people who have made firetruck cakes. Do you notice that there are a LOT of pictures out there, but no tutorials, or step by steps to make these fun cakes?? I took enough pictures to make a step by step - and someday...yes SOMEDAY... I will make a whole blog on how to make these cakes step by step... right after I get my house back in order :) Until then, here are a few pictures of this cake. It took a LOT of red food coloring to get it to go red, but I think it turned out a beautiful color.
I also "attempted" to make a fire hydrant...but I can't say it turned out too well. It was still cute, but it started to fall apart, and even ended up breaking in half... but I frosted it back together and tried to save it. I also made some fire cupcakes...and forgot to take any pictures. Now those actually turned out really cute. All I did was put a scoop of yellow, red and white frosting in a frosting bag together and squeeze it out like I made the other cupcakes - they turned out way cute. I guess I'll have to make them again LOL... anyone want some cupcakes??!!
6 years ago





2 comments:
WOW!!! You are so talented. I would not want to cut that cake... it's to much work and then to be eaten :)
Thanks again Maria, it turned out so adorable! You are amazing!
Post a Comment