Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Oct 16, 2011

RELEASED

My family in September 2007
Sept 9, 2007
"I finally got a calling! I was called to be the 1st counselor in the Young Women. I am over the Mia Maids. I am so excited. My girls are just the best!! I already love them. I am still very nervous to teach them and to lead them - but I will do my very best to be a great example to all of them."

Mia Maid group August 2011

October 16, 2011
I have been the Young Women 1st Counselor for 4 years, 1 month and 7 days. :) But who's counting??? That's only 214 weeks of my life... ok - that's a lot of activities. It's a bitter sweet day. I've now been released from my calling as Young Women 1st Counselor. I have had the opportunity to interact with the most amazing people. I'm passing the torch onto the most amazing group of women. I know they will take care of "my girls" but it will be hard to let go.

I have to admit it was very hard to keep coming up with activities - I felt like I was running out of ideas. Just looking back, Eric was only 1 when I got put in Young Women's - Abby had JUST turned 4 years old. WOW - so much has happened in the last four years.. I know I am going to feel a little lost for a while - what will I do?? :) I guess I'll catch up on all that cleaning I told myself I didn't have time to do because I was either planning a lesson, activity or something grand :)
My family in September 2011.... yes, a lot changes in 4 years... I've grown a ton, I feel more confident and I feel like my testimony has grown a lot too in the last 4 years. I'm grateful for the opportunity I've had to serve, and I'm excited for whatever is next. (I haven't been given another calling yet! But I'm sure that won't last long, I'll try to enjoy the break while I can!)

1 comment:

The Tilley Turf said...

Wow! I bet that is bittersweet relief for you! You've done such a great job and put so much time and effort into that calling, you ARE going to be wondering what to do with your time!