My husbands family gets together once a month as just girls for a "girls night". January was my month to plan, so I decided to share my cupcake frosting ideas. S0 - for those who didn't make it - here's some tips for you too...
The cutest and easiest way to spruce up any cupcake is sprinkles! This technique makes a cupcake look really fancy. Right after piping your frosting onto your cupcake, while the frosting is still moist, roll the cupcake very gently in sprinkles. Be careful not to crush your beautiful frosting - just lightly touch the tips of the frosting to the sprinkles. I put my sprinkles on a plate to make this easier.
It gives it just a little bit of flare - and it looks delicious. I also like to add a little cupcake topper. I used some Valentine confetti on this one - it is NOT edible - so before eating the cupcake you will want to remove it. On the big cupcakes we used sugar covered cinnamon hearts - yummy!
COOKIE MONSTER....
This next cupcake is one of my favorites. You start with a regular cupcake. Spread frosting all over the top of the cupcake making sure all of the top is covered.
While the frosting is still moist, roll the cupcake frosting in sprinkles. You will actually want to push down a bit to pick up the most sprinkles. You can continue doing this until your entire cupcake is covered in sprinkles. I used blue sugar sprinkles (I've also used blue Jimmie sprinkles for this Cookie Monster cupcake and they also look fabulous!!)You want your cupcake to be totally blue....
Next step is eyeballs. These are just regular small gumballs. I buy mine out of the bins at my local grocer. And yes, I sit and pick out just white ones... it takes a while!
Place the eyeballs next to each other on the cupcake, press in firmly.
Next press in a bite size cookie... any type will work! Push it into the cupcake, not just the frosting.
Our last step is the eye balls. I use black gel frosting to make two little dots. Cookie Monsters eyes are rarely ever straight on...so make them a little wacky.
And there you have it... a beautiful, edible, Cookie Monster Cupcake!
Grandma with Andrew and McKaylee...they could so be twins!
Intense cupcake decorating!All of us with our fun cupcakes! YUMMY...and a fun girls night for sure...
a picture of how all our fun treats turned out...
6 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment