Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Mar 5, 2012

Divine Signatures

These last few weeks have been amazing. I have cried, and struggled; but I have also had so many spiritual experiences and blessings - that I feel so grateful for. I have had tender mercies each day that have helped me through the rough times.

I finally feel like I am getting back on my feet and am ready to pick up and face life. Let me tell you just a few of the tender mercies that have helped me. Perhaps they will help you...

Last year for my birthday, my Grandmother gave me this book - Divine Signatures. I had always planned on reading it - but it got stuck on the bookshelf, and I didn't get around to it. The week after my miscarriage, I felt like reading a good book. I didn't have any in my arsenal from the library at the time. And then, the thought came to me - read the one your Grandma gave you... Do you think I just happened to think that? Was it just coincidence? After reading through most of the book - I think not!

In the book it says "Coincidence is the word we use when we can't see the levers and pulleys." Instead of thinking coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous - it's actually God's way of letting Himself be known. (also from the book). I love it - this book has brought a lot of peace to me - and I'm not even finished.


I can't begin to recount here all the timely notes, special gifts, the right words, and the answers to prayers that were sent my way - seemingly straight from my Father in Heaven through good friends and family. I can't doubt that my Father in Heaven knows me - He was aware of every tear.

Last week, Chris was out of town. Andrew had been sick, I was tired and not my best self. Thursday night - I went downstairs to change the last load of laundry before going to bed. What I found was not something I wanted to see. There was water all over the floor - the water heater had gone out!

I couldn't believe it. I didn't know what to do. So - I called my dad. We got the water turned off, and called around to see where we could get a water heater. Man - those things are EXPENSIVE! Well - we couldn't do anything about it that night - so my dad went home, and I started getting the kids to bed. Andrew (yes Andrew) reminded us to have prayers... So, we knelt as a family to have our evening prayer. I asked for help in finding a water heater at a good price. I asked for help while Chris was gone in knowing where to turn. It was a simple prayer - but sincere.

I put the kids to bed. I got on facebook to share my woes with the world... and that's when the miracle happened. Just a few seconds after I posted about my water heater - a friend in my ward replied and said her husband could help me. He could get me one at cost and put it in for me. REALLY? Was that like a text message from my Father in Heaven saying He is aware of my situation and He's sending someone to help??!! That's what I felt like - it was an answer to prayer. Coincidence? No... it was a direct answer to prayer!

I feel so blessed. I feel so humbled. I also feel like paying it forward. If he can be so kind to me...who can I pass that on to? I'm still being blessed - every day!

No comments: