We had our annual Christmas Eve party with the Bradley family at the church. It is so nice to be able to spread out a bit and enjoy each other - we are getting to be quite the group these days! :)
The kids got to bed at about 9:30... we thought we'd join them - but Ethan had other plans. He did not like whatever I had eaten that day...and was up most of the night - until 3am with what seems to be stomach pains. It was a very long night. Of course he slept from 3am until 10am... but we didn't get that luxury!
Abby set her alarm for 6am! She was up and trying to wake everyone up. She really had to drag us out of bed! :) We were exhausted!! But we got up and got going. The kids were so excited to see what Santa and mom and dad had left!
Abby's pile of presents...
Eric's pile of presents...
I didn't get a picture of Andrew and his pile ;) I guess I was too tired to take too many pictures. Eric's favorite gift this year were his legos and his remote control car. Abby's favorite gift was her giraffe stuffed animal, and Andrews favorite gift was his toy truck "Chuck"
Grandma and Grandpa Jacobson gave us some new swings for our tree. One is a skateboard swing -I think it will be totally awesome! I'll post pictures when we get it all set up and working!
Grandma and Grandpa Bradley gave us an amazing box of Sunday activities for the kids to do! Hallelujah! Just what we need - the kids get so bored on Sunday and we are heading to 1pm church... we will definitely be using that this year!
Great Grandma and Grandpa Jacobson came to celebrate Christmas day with us at the Jacobson home. They seemed in good spirits.
Grandma even wanted to hold baby Ethan... what a special moment!
After all the fun we had at the Bradley's and Jacobson's... and staying up 2 nights now in a row with Ethan... I'm exhausted. We are trying to figure out why Ethan will only sleep during the day - I guess he's just a new born. We have definitely got to work on that! :)
Today I went to my 2 week appointment with Ethan - and he is down to 7 lbs 2 oz. His birth weight was 7 lbs 9 oz. So the doctor was a little concerned that I wasn't producing enough milk. I hope we can figure this whole feeding thing out and perhaps that will help with the sleeping as well! He is growing though - already a 1/2 inch taller - that is a good thing at least. But his diaper won't stay on because he's too skinny ;) Poor little kid!





No comments:
Post a Comment