The Night Before Christmas
'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicolas soon would be there;
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;
We have had a lot of hustle and bustle the last few weeks around here - with the baby coming and Christmas - but we are down to the finale now :) We have enjoyed Ethan here in our home - he brings a different spirit to the Christmas season. It has slowed us down, and made us think of Mary and how special that event really was. I have loved having a Christmas baby. While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads;
I have the best husband in the world - and the best neighbors too.. We had tickets to Babes in Toyland - but they were for the weekend after Ethan was born. Our kids were sick, and so Chris couldn't take them that week. We gave the tickets away :( But- this last weekend, a good neighbor and friend (who's kids were all in the play) got us some more tickets! Chris told me to go - since I was more excited about it. He stayed home with Ethan and Andrew - it was such a nice break!
The play was super incredible - I wish I could go see it again - it was that amazing!!! I laughed, clapped, cheered the good guys and booed the bad guys... it was very entertaining. I was enthralled the whole time! Some plays are just painful to sit through - but not this one! I could have watched it over and over. Abby and Eric had a great time too. They let the kids sit on Santa's lap at the end. And he was a great Santa. What a fun night we had together!
Here is Abby and her friend that was in the play, and a friend that came to see the play. The one in the white dress was one of the three little pigs.
Sunday night we had our annual Jacobson Christmas FHE. We had a great dinner, frosted sugar cookies for Santa, did the nativity story, and made a nativity lantern.
Here are the lanterns - they turned out so cute! I just printed a manger scene on tracing paper, let the kids color them with markers and crayons, then we taped them together, and put tea lights in them. They turned out super cute!
Here are all the kids that came to have fun with us....
Our nativity story was so fun this year. Andrew would have nothing to do with it... but at least we had a live baby Jesus :) It is always fun to read the Christmas story and think of the events of that special night.
We can't wait for Christmas tomorrow - or the Christmas Eve Bradley family party tonight.. eventful few days... I hope we all survive!





No comments:
Post a Comment