Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Dec 5, 2012

Night out

 Friday November 30th, Chris and I got the opportunity to go to the UTC Hall of Fame.  It was a black tie event.  We got invited to go on Tuesday - so I didn't have much time to find something to wear.  It's not like I keep black tie maternity attire on hand...  ;)  So - I had to go shopping for a new dress - one that would be fashionable enough to fit in, but not break my budget.  Especially seeing as how I hopefully won't be wearing this when I'm not 37 weeks pregnant! 

I truly felt like I had a tender mercy. I was able to find not just one dress that would work - but two!  Amazing.  I never find dresses that fit - or look good - but I found two great dresses to choose from and three pairs of shoes that would work.  If you know me and my big feet....that's no small task either. I really felt like I was supposed to go - and that the Lord heard my pleas for help in finding something suitable.
 I felt beautiful - another miracle at 37 weeks along ;)  I had a great night with Chris and some people from his company.  I enjoyed mingling with entrepreneurs from all over Utah and hearing amazing stories of success.  One of the main speakers was Jeff Bezos.  He is the CEO of Amazon.  I was so impressed with what he had to say - how he made it to where he is today.  He is now on my list of people I'd like to meet. Bravo to him for his success and I truly hope he continues being successful.  He has such a great attitude behind his company, and you can tell he really believes in what he does. He mentioned that he didn't want to crush other companies on the way to the top - he believes there is room at the top for more than one.  He also said that his company is all about customer service - I'd have to agree there!  I love amazon.  He was just really impressive.  Someone I think I could actually sit down with and talk to - and not feel belittled by his judgement or status.  I hope I can always be like that! 
Chris and I had a fun date night out of it. We were all dressed up - and we had a fun time. I love being able to go out with Chris - for any reason!  I really appreciate Chris' parents for taking the kids too... it was so nice to come home from a long evening and just be able to go to bed without having to tuck in kids for one night.  Amazing how nice that is once in a while :)  Thanks for your help!!! 

No comments: