Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

May 14, 2013

Back on the bandwagon... hopefully...

 Moving is not easy... especially when you move far away from the things you know and love.  I've shed a lot of tears, and had a lot of sweet special moments.  I know this is the beginning of a new adventure, and I know that there is a reason we are supposed to be here.  The Lord has blessed us along the way and made sure we know He loves us.

I've totally had to drop the blog for a while - my main focus was just trying to survive this whole process!  I had to become the main support to all my children, figure out how to re-establish a household, find new doctors, dentists, utilities...etc.  It's been more than a full time job.  Through it all I decided to put the blog on a back burner and write the experiences I've had in my journal.  Since we got the job... I've written 63 pages of miraculous events - events that astound even me!  Tender mercies, miracles, and testimony builders.  I'm so grateful I have accounts of the many things that I've been blessed with through the hard times.  I feel bad I let the blog go - not because I have a million followers - I don't even know if anyone reads this blog anymore! :)  But I use it as a family history - and I'm sad I lost progress on that - but I know I did the best I could.  and now... back to blogging and creating our family history!

 Eric and Abby missed class pictures by two days - so I asked if I could come into the class and take a picture.  The teachers were so kind and let me.



 We had excellent teachers - I can't complain.  They made my children feel so special!

Packing up the truck was a LOT of work - but it was made easier by all the help we got from family! Thanks family for everything!!!  You are the best.

 It started looking like a gigantic yard sale!  When you see all your stuff out on the lawn like this - it kind of makes you realize that it's just stuff and it's replaceable.  It's nice to have - but very few things in those piles were priceless...  probably only the pictures and family histories really...  and there weren't many of those! It put it in an interesting perspective.
 We really ended up stuffing that van full... really, really full.
 My mom and sister took my kids while we packed - we couldn't have done it without them!  My dad held Ethan after packing - Ethan LOVES to just cuddle up with my dad and take naps - I don't think my dad minds the naps either ;)
 Eric had to have a soda before leaving Sunday morning - he loves having soda at my mom's house!
 Ethan was sad to leave too...
 My mom and Ethan - good buddies!
 We dropped by our house for one last look Sunday morning before driving to Saint George. It was so weird to see it completely empty....  it felt so big!
 Eric in his room... 
 Ethan in his room...
 Abby in her room...
 the back yard - oh I am SO going to miss my garden... it's hard to even look at the pictures - I really do miss our old neighborhood, friends and ward!
 Abby didn't want to leave, she clung to the stairs.  She wanted to stay.  She was sobbing!  But the child that had the hardest time was actually Andrew.  He wouldn't even go inside the house.  He was so confused at what was happening and where all our stuff was and why we were doing this. He cried, hit, threw tantrum after tantrum... he was very upset.
 But thanks to his nursery leader - he was quickly calmed by a HUGE bag of Swedish Fish from Sister Kim!  It was a real blessing  - and he even shared with all of us. (pretty darn amazing!)
On the way out of town, I dropped by my friend's home.  Oh how I am going to miss my sweet friend and visiting teaching partner.  No one can compare!!  If I could have just taken her and Tammy, my mom and sister with me... this would be the funnest move! :) But - alas, they all stayed behind. I'm so grateful for internet, facebook, telephones, and texting to keep us in touch!  What did those poor pioneers do?  
Recently I watched an episode of Little House on the Prairie, one where they leave the grandparents to come out west - And they talked about how they probably would never see them again!  Oh - that must have been so hard.  Even letters were hard to send! We are so lucky! 

 
 Abby and Eric started school on the 15th of April.  They were pretty nervous.  They really love their new teachers and have been readily accepted in their classes.  I've been so grateful for that!  They LOVE riding the bus and you won't hear me complain one bit!!!!  :) I'm loving it too.  I rarely leave the house now... I have to force myself to go out! ;)
We are settling in here - trying to find our place. We don't have callings yet - but I'm sure they are coming...   It has been quite the change in pace - and I'm just now starting to feel like I'm getting on top of everything.  My day is becoming more routine, instead of filled with unpacking, phone calls for address changes, and figuring out how everything works!

Someday I'll share some experiences from my 63 pages of journal entries - but all I can say now is that the Lord truly blessed us for trying to be honest, and faithful.  He did not forget us in our trials and He is aware of our daily needs.  I have truly been astounded by the countless blessings.  My testimony has been strengthened, and I know I will need that.  I know the trials won't stop here - but neither will my faith.  My faith is strong, my testimony is strengthened and I know we are in the right place for now.  But I do miss the familiarity of our last home... especially my friends and family!

No comments: