Grandpa Alvin E. Jacobson
Born November 25, 1915
Died May 25, 2013
Sunday May 25th we happened to be in Bountiful celebrating Memorial day with family. We got the news that Grandpa Al had passed away suddenly. It was unexpected in a way - since he was in great health for his age, but expected as well because he was almost 98 years old! I stayed at my parents home all week helping with funeral arrangements while Chris flew back to Saint George to work.
Grandma Jacobson entertained Andrew on the chair lift - ya - he had a blast! Isn't it funny what entertains a child? :)
Grandpa's funeral was held on Friday May 31st at Lindquist mortuary. It was a beautiful tribute to a good man. It was sad to see him go. The flowers were beautiful, the speakers were amazing and the music was sweet.
My Grandma was so strong. She has been asked to bear a heavy life - full of the pain of loss. She has already buried her first husband when she was only 20 years old, she buried a 5 year old son, a one day old daughter and a 70 year daughter just two years ago. It doesn't seem fair the burden she has had to carry. But she is a strong woman!
Abby was so tender hearted. She loves her great grandma!
When my dad came out wearing this hat to dedicate the grave I seriously about lost it - ok, I did loose it! This is the same kind of hat my Grandpa ALWAYS wore. It is a sweet memory and seeing my dad like that made me miss him. It's often interesting what brings to mind certain memories!
Christa, my sister, and I put on a luncheon after the funeral. Good food is always needed after grieving. It was the least we could do for my dad and the Jacobson family.
Eric - the soda lover - reaching for another soda.
And after everything was done, we crashed at my parents home for a while - Andrew was entertained by the Ipad and Kenna was more than happy to help him out on some gaming techniques. I love cousin pictures!!
It was a very emotional week. But I got to spend it with family - and anything is possible to bear with family by your side. I'm so grateful for a good supportive husband, loving siblings, and amazing parents. Family is the best!!! I couldn't have done it without all of them.






1 comment:
Oh Maria, I'm so sorry. It's always hard to lose a grandparent. I'm glad you were able to stay for the funeral and spend time with your family.
Post a Comment