Our dear Grandma Edythe passed away on July 28th. It wasn't a surprise, she was in a rest home because she was struggling to take care of herself. She had congestive heart failure. We knew she wouldn't last forever, just hoped! She was 94 years old. Her funeral was one of the most beautiful funerals I have ever been to. She had a very full life of service, love, devotion to her family and to the Lord. She was a wonderful person!
Eric and Ryland - these two are cousins and best friends. Ryland is 4 and Eric is 7, but age doesn't matter. They are the best of buds.
Our family with Chris' parents at the cemetery.
Chris and I with Harold Yancey - he is Edythe's brother. He sealed Chris and I a little over 11 years ago now! I wish I could take a picture of his eyes - they are the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen!! He is an amazing man. It must run in the family :)
Grandma's candy jar. She always let the kids get candy from the jar when we would go visit her. The kids thought it was great that it was full of candy at the funeral. I think they visited that jar more than once... it was the highlight of the day.
The Neil and Edythe Bradley children.
Mark and Jean Bradley family
Grandma's house. She lived in this home right up almost to the end of her life. She was only in a rest home about 4 months - amazing! She was a great home maker and kept this home spotless and beautiful; with the help from a few grandchildren and children :)Her front room. I always felt like I was in the temple when I would come here - it was always peaceful, serene and inviting. And it was always spotless!
Grandma always had little notes posted around the house - on the fridge, cupboards, anywhere that she would often see them. They were notes of encouragement, inspiration, or just articles on medical advice. It was cute - I will miss her beautiful handwriting! I will miss her beautiful personality. She was an amazing woman. I hope I can be like her - I hope my children can be like her.





No comments:
Post a Comment