You know how in all the old movies they show how the community would come together to raise a barn? Everyone in the area came to help out. There was a lot of work, and a lot of food it seemed. But, with everyone helping, something was accomplished that just couldn't have happened with one little family. Well, in my brother's town, that tradition isn't lost completely!We may not have raised a barn...but we put down 13 pallets of sod! :) In just a few hours - I think it only took about 2 hours - now that is some serious ground covered!
My brother has spent hours and hours and hours... and hours... perfecting the dirt - making it perfect, that was after he spent hours putting in a sprinkler system, and that was before he spent hours digging a hole for his trampoline (with a shovel), and that was before my dad spent hours creating a landscaping plan for the yard (professional - I might add... so awesome!). Yes, this was the culminating effort of hours of effort.
My brother -
My dad...
Look at all this help!
All that sod put on my brother's back yard - it looked so beautiful! It just made me want to sit in the grass and enjoy. I miss my WB grass!!!! We don't have a lot here in St. George!
After we finished the grass - we went to the old miners town. It was really neat to see some of the historical mining buildings, especially now that our family is quite entwined with the iron mining today. What a neat beginning. These pioneers were so industrious!
It did start to rain on us - and funny little Andrew always holds up his shorts so they don't get wet...
On our way home, we went the back way - and we stopped by the marker for the Mountain Meadows Massacre. Very interesting tributes and explanations. I wish I knew more - it just doesn't make sense to me. I don't think it makes sense to anyone. I guess we all make mistakes - but I sure wish we could explain this one.
Eric thought it was fascinating - and asked a million, maybe a trillion questions it seemed... not many of which I could actually answer. That seemed to just frustrate him!
The grave site - with a new beautiful area around it. I believe President Hinckley dedicated this area.
All in all, it was a fascinating day - full of history and work and good family time!





1 comment:
I love it when there is a project that seems totally overwhelming and then help shows up and it's done in no time.
Post a Comment