Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Oct 27, 2013

the Happiest boy in the world!

Amazing! Prayers are truly heard and answered! My testimony has been strengthened! 

Last Sunday I received this text.
 "Hello, my 18 month old son and I were just walking on the cottonwood river wash trail and noticed your sign for the radio flier. We feel horrible to say that we've had your bike for the past month. My father-in-law took our son for a walk down there about a month ago and they came home with it. We haven't been down on that trail for weeks or we would've seen your sign and returned it earlier. We feel so bad that we've had your bike. I have to be to work within the next hour so I'll leave the bike below your sign on the trail head off telegraph. Again so sorry I hope your little guy is excited to have it back, ours was thrilled to have it for a couple weeks". 

Can you believe that??!!! We picked it up that same night when we got home from visiting family. Andrew was so excited and couldn't wait to go riding the next day.  THANK YOU to everyone who prayed with us! What a special night and such a sweet answer to prayer. The Lord does know us and the desires of our hearts. Sometimes it just takes a little longer to answer a prayer when He has to prompt someone else! I'm still in awe. Truly thank you for the many prayers in Andrews behalf!

I have the happiest boy in the world now!  He is so excited to have his tricycle back!!!

I've thought a lot about this experience this week - going over it in my mind time and time again.  I keep wondering how many times I have given up on the Lord.  How many times have I prayed for a miracle, and when it didn't happen on my timetable, I have given up and found a different solution, figuring the Lord  did not want to answer that prayer.  That's always what I have thought - but having this happen is making me rethink that.  Perhaps sometimes I don't allow the Lord time to answer my prayers.  How many miracles have I missed out on because I was too quick to just solve my own problems?  I know I've probably missed out on quite a few.  Andrew has taught me a good lesson in patience, trust and faith.  I need to be patient and wait on the Lord.  He will answer my prayers - and yes, in His own way and on His own timetable - but if I am patient, he will allow me the privilege to be a part of many miracles!  What a beautiful thing!  

I don't know how many times between September 8th and October 20th that I thought I needed to just give up and buy a new tricycle. I offered Andrew every brand new trike I found - at the store, online, amazon....we looked everywhere.  I looked on every KSL, and craigslist listing... and Andrew wanted NONE of them.  I didn't understand why he wouldn't just settle for something new?  But he was certainly adamant that he just wanted his old tricycle back and he would wait for "Jesus to find it"  He was right - and I was wrong.  What a lesson for a three year old to teach his family.  It truly makes me cry thinking of how much our Father in Heaven truly loves His little children.  Thank you to the person that gave this tricycle back, thank you to everyone who prayed for my little Andrew, and thank you Father in Heaven for allowing us to have such a wonderful miracle! 

1 comment:

AnJ. said...

This is wonderful news!!! I've been watching every garage sale I drive by for you. I'm so glad it came home.