Be not afraid, only believe.  From Creative LDS Images on facebook

Sep 18, 2014

Hurricane Dog Days

 Abby got to show off her skills with her Jr. Dog Handlers class at the Hurricane Dog Days.  She decided to keep using Titas (her teachers dog) because she has been practicing with him all summer and he knows all the tricks and commands. 
 She is sure getting good at interacting with dogs. 
 All of the kids are becoming well adjusted to having a dog around.  Eric got to bring Rachel, our Sheltie, and just watch.  She was so well behaved, it was so nice. 
 Here is Abby's class all lined up and ready to go.
 I got a shot of all of them afterwards as well.  They are a fun group of people!  They have taught us a lot about dog ownership, feeding, grooming, and dog etiquette.  We definitely would never have even tried to own a dog if it hadn't been for this group of people.  I'm still trying to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing :)  Some days it's both!
After their freestyle show, Abby tried Rachel on the agility course.  She did great.  They are natural together.  It's been a fun adventure introducing a dog into our lives, but she has been fun to train!  She is a very well behaved dog.  I have loved getting an older dog - one that has been well trained before coming to our home. We really lucked out on that end.

1 comment:

AnJ. said...

This is pretty exciting! I'm very impressed.